New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

I thought I’d have some nice trimmed buds from the Tangie to show you guys but she’s on day 6 of hanging in the cupboard, 18 degrees and 60 RH, still very moist :eyebrows:

clipped off nearly all her fans now I’m not worried about her drying out too fast.

and the smell got the better of me, so the smallest buds got trimmed off for sampling - can’t say too much except I hope she hurries up so I can smoke more!! sweet orange body odour at the moment, and if those poxy little fluffy buds are anything to go by the potency should be spot on :smokeit:

i’ll monitor her this week and see if I need to accelerate drying. maybe i’ll break her down in to branches or something.

Sounds good my mate you and the other half are in for a lovely smoke. If it ain't near enough done tomorrow I would do just as you suggested, break it down into small branches and hang it that way :thumbsup:

Sounds good my mate you and the other half are in for a lovely smoke. If it ain't near enough done tomorrow I would do just as you suggested, break it down into small branches and hang it that way :thumbsup:

chopped in to smaller branches and hung last night, she's drying nicely now.
had a much better tester last night - this slow drying is the way! no grassy odours or flavours, just that harshness that comes with fresh only-chopped-a-week-ago bud. with a full dry and cure this little Tangie should live up to my unreasonably high expectations!
the sweet orange stench is almost sickening, and there's a strong body odour twist that comes afterwards which i'm loving, but think it might lose that in cure and just go full on sweet orange nectar.

also Flawless Finish - WOW
i only ran three lots of this stuff through the Tangie - she steadied up on drinking at the end and would take a full 3 days to complete a wet/dry cycle so i was worried i didn't put enough through her to make a difference. WRONG.
this stuff flat out just works. it cleaned up the flavour so well, i'm seriously impressed. i tried my hardest to pull out a negative taste from this 1-week dried bud and couldn't. just a sweet and satisfying after taste.
i did some other things right this round that i rushed through the first time, so maybe the Flawless Finish isn't 100% responsible, but 2 weeks of no food and running this through will be the way forward for me. really happy so far with how this is shaping up - trouble is, she tastes a bit too good already. there's a few more buds out of the cupboard to dry out a touch faster.

hoping the rest can be properly trimmed and jarred up in the next day or two, giving it a good 9-10 day dry.

did i mention i really dig Flawless Finish?

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

had a much better tester last night - this slow drying is the way! no grassy odours or flavours, just that harshness that comes with fresh only-chopped-a-week-ago bud. with a full dry and cure this little Tangie should live up to my unreasonably high expectations!
the sweet orange stench is almost sickening, and there's a strong body odour twist that comes afterwards which i'm loving, but think it might lose that in cure and just go full on sweet orange nectar.

i only ran three lots of this stuff through the Tangie - she steadied up on drinking at the end and would take a full 3 days to complete a wet/dry cycle so i was worried i didn't put enough through her to make a difference. WRONG.
this stuff flat out just works. it cleaned up the flavour so well, i'm seriously impressed. i tried my hardest to pull out a negative taste from this 1-week dried bud and couldn't. just a sweet and satisfying after taste.
i did some other things right this round that i rushed through the first time, so maybe the Flawless Finish isn't 100% responsible, but 2 weeks of no food and running this through will be the way forward for me. really happy so far with how this is shaping up - trouble is, she tastes a bit too good already. there's a few more buds out of the cupboard to dry out a touch faster.

hoping the rest can be properly trimmed and jarred up in the next day or two, giving it a good 9-10 day dry.

I was just about to ask you how the drying was going, My kitchen cupboard is doing such a good job I'm almost inclined to stick an extraction fan and filter in there and use it all the time :smoking:
Flawless finish you say, If I can pick some up before harvest then I will do a comparison on a couple of my girls that are the same pheno types and see what the difference is.
I really do like your description of the flavours of strains tho, you should get a job writing strain taste descriptions for breeders :drool:
Call me sick in the head but I love bud with "life" in it as I say, one of the reason's I wanted to take an early test :joy:

I was just about to ask you how the drying was going, My kitchen cupboard is doing such a good job I'm almost inclined to stick an extraction fan and filter in there and use it all the time :smoking:
Flawless finish you say, If I can pick some up before harvest then I will do a comparison on a couple of my girls that are the same pheno types and see what the difference is.
I really do like your description of the flavours of strains tho, you should get a job writing strain taste descriptions for breeders :drool:
Call me sick in the head but I love bud with "life" in it as I say, one of the reason's I wanted to take an early test :joy:

absolutely mate, i'll be converting the current grow cupboard in to a drying cupboard and buy a cheap filter/fan combo to run low in there. as soon as we get a tent up and running!
massively impressed with flavour and terps retained with this slow dry so far.
and like i say, the two weeks of no chemicals likely helped too but I can’t get over how clean tasting the result is with this Flawless Finish. it was like I hadn’t actually smoked at all, no bitter smokey taste afterwards at all after a nice blunt.

I try my best with descriptions but it’s a tough game and everyone’s nose seems to vary a lot. I love a good potent high as much as the next guy but it’s the smells and flavours that hooked me in from the start so it’s the most important part for me.

I’m sure everyone has their preference on when to take their girls for the optimal taste and effect, I like a good body stone so I’ll always try and hang on as long as possible BUT, the heady high I get off the CDLC is a real ass kicker and I like that too.

Haha yep! FF is the one! I'm gutted I didn't appreciate how good it was when I grew my Tangie.

Sounds like yours is really ticking all the boxes, I'm kinda jealous!

Tangie'Matic got a 10 day dry at 18 celsius & 60% RH - whole plant hung for a few days then i removed all fan leaves and broke her down off of the main stem and left to hang.

hangman.jpg

trimming took a good 5 hours. larger buds broke down easily in to lots of smaller ones, maybe one or two of the "tops" have remained larger nuggets but mostly small, frosty, greasy buds, not dense buds what-so-ever --- but i had some lock out and deficiency problems just as she went in to heavy flower so i can't be sure if it's a strain thing, a pheno thing, or a bit of a balls up on my part; luckily there seems to be no lacking of quality though.

Tang.jpg

and i actually weighed this one!

jarz.jpg

86 grams of finely trimmed buds - a trickle over 3 oz.
no sticks. no stems. just sticky icky icky :thumbsup:
shamefully we have already smoked about half an ounce of this lady as the jars are empty.
always leaves my fingers covered in wet resin when rolling her up but she burns perfectly. she smells very sweet, very citrus, definitely has the tangerine notes i was hoping for, with some strong, almost sour body odour following it.
flavour is not there at all yet unfortunately, but she's had zero cure time so hopefully it will follow - judging by looks and smells i'm sure it will.

Tangie'Matic got a 10 day dry at 18 celsius & 60% RH - whole plant hung for a few days then i removed all fan leaves and broke her down off of the main stem and left to hang.

View attachment 1013345

trimming took a good 5 hours. larger buds broke down easily in to lots of smaller ones, maybe one or two of the "tops" have remained larger nuggets but mostly small, frosty, greasy buds, not dense buds what-so-ever --- but i had some lock out and deficiency problems just as she went in to heavy flower so i can't be sure if it's a strain thing, a pheno thing, or a bit of a balls up on my part; luckily there seems to be no lacking of quality though.

View attachment 1013346

and i actually weighed this one!

View attachment 1013347

86 grams of finely trimmed buds - a trickle over 3 oz.
no sticks. no stems. just sticky icky icky :thumbsup:
shamefully we have already smoked about half an ounce of this lady as the jars are empty.
always leaves my fingers covered in wet resin when rolling her up but she burns perfectly. she smells very sweet, very citrus, definitely has the tangerine notes i was hoping for, with some strong, almost sour body odour following it.
flavour is not there at all yet unfortunately, but she's had zero cure time so hopefully it will follow - judging by looks and smells i'm sure it will.

Looks and sounds delicious mate, you smashed this girl out the park :drool: I'm sure the flavour will really start coming through over time :thumbsup:

Back