Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

Make me Proud?? You already did that!! You have one of the RAREST WJ's.

A Black one....:crying:

Hey @Mossy i think you need to check this out.....go figure....

I saw it before..I was wetting myself Laughing....:crying:

Once those Colours come out you will have a Hard time shaking them...might wanna re-name them Mr White Knight...:biggrin:

Congratulations Dr.B..:d5:

A Black one....:crying:

Right...i cant believe it. @Dr. Babnik has no idea how long and hard i worked to get the color out of those and it just didnt show.. Now the F9 have a rediclious amount of leaf color and were seeing colored buds. Thing is i never selected with a male that had color or a female that had color along the blood line.

One thing to note was a repro i had done on them to make stock. @briman assisted me in making F8's we worked together to make the selection. he got 8 females and 2 males from a 10 seed run. Wonder if his male had some colored pollen sacs, cause i saw all of the females and none of them were colored.

I saw it before..I was wetting myself Laughing....:crying:

yet you said nothing i can only imagine the first time you saw the pics of it. Over there with your cup of what ever and spitting a little at the screen.

Once those Colours come out you will have a Hard time shaking them...might wanna re-name them Mr White Knight...:biggrin:

Congratulations Dr.B..:d5:

we shall see, now that this has happened i want to crack some...but tents are full ATM with the ALF, Roxi, and bobbys widow.

One thing to note was a repro i had done on them to make stock. @briman assisted me in making F8's we worked together to make the selection. he got 8 females and 2 males from a 10 seed run. Wonder if his male had some colored pollen sacs, cause i saw all of the females and none of them were colored.
Yes, my male had colored pollen sacks. I let mine go to 80 days and were just how I like my plants to finish up. :headbang:

Yes, my male had colored pollen sacks. I let mine go to 80 days and were just how I like my plants to finish up. :headbang:
......and there it is. I tell a lot of guys through PM how i select for color, and that one is key folks. If the male carries color, the offspring will too, or at least that has been my experience. So that tells me why i am seeing this in the F8 and F9 series

full

Right...i cant believe it. @Dr. Babnik has no idea how long and hard i worked to get the color out of those and it just didnt show.. Now the F9 have a rediclious amount of leaf color and were seeing colored buds. Thing is i never selected with a male that had color or a female that had color along the blood line.

But it was There. In the Genetics...so it hadn't expressed..but it was Always going to show up...:coffee:..Think of it like the Ginger gene..one day it is going to show up.

The Danger in genetics is not the Traits you see expressed..it is what you are Rolling that you can't See. :headbang:

yet you said nothing i can only imagine the first time you saw the pics of it. Over there with your cup of what ever and spitting a little at the screen.

Maybe 4-5 Hours ahead of you...I was going to bring it into Admin but Dr. B had Tagged you in...:coffee:..why spoil his Surprise...

I Did laugh me bits off though....:crying:..now try and knock the colour out of them...:kiss:

:crying:

damn she is pretty :headbang: oh ya .. i remember now .. the case of the missing pollen :crying:

.....and there it is. I tell a lot of guys through PM how i select for color, and that one is key folks. If the male carries color, the offspring will too, or at least that has been my experience. So that tells me why i am seeing this in the F8 and F9 series

full

mystery solved ... one coloured male in f7 :eyebrows:

@FullDuplex would the coloured male have been choosen under your normal selection scheme ?

But it was There. In the Genetics...so it hadn't expressed..but it was Always going to show up...:coffee:..Think of it like the Ginger gene..one day it is going to show up.

do you mean it's a recessive gene like MC1R (ginger gene)... can lay dormant for generations , but if both parents have gene ... it can pop back up ?

do you mean it's a recessive gene like MC1R (ginger gene)... can lay dormant for generations , but if both parents have gene ... it can pop back up ?
Yes it can. The genetic material is not lost, but may not be expressed for generations. In addition, there is the different genetic mechanism involved. Dominant-recessive and intermediary inheritance in simple Mendelian genetics of eye colour, but most traits are controlled by complex sets of genes, not just one.

Yes it can. The genetic material is not lost, but may not be expressed for generations. In addition, there is the different genetic mechanism involved. Dominant-recessive and intermediary inheritance in simple Mendelian genetics of eye colour, but most traits are controlled by complex sets of genes, not just one.

yes, becouse here ... the activation of gene in one male ... triggers gene in offsprings ... if pure Dominant-recessive it could/should/would have popped up at any time ?

yes, becouse here ... the activation of gene in one male ... triggers gene in offsprings ... if pure Dominant-recessive it could/should/would have popped up at any time ?
It is much, much more complicated than that. Very few traits are transmitted by pure dominant-recessive genetics, like Mendel's peas.
And plant chromosomes are more complicated than animal chromosomes.

Back