Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

i think the main issue with this lil press is it relies on finger and thumb strenght.ive heated it up,whacked it with a hammer to.
there is a T bar type of press than works better,only because its much bigger and the T allows much more pressure to be applied.i meant to try it in a lil bench vice,but one of many things i havnt got round to yet.
good luck.
:pighug:
Try standing / balancing on it perhaps?

:drool: :dizzy: :haha: that's the good stuff right there Dr.B! It has the right color and texture that just shouts Real Deal hash- :d5: ... I'm no pro myself, but learning is fun,.. I picked up a set of Bubble Bowls dry ice type sifter- :thumbsup:... works beautifully, and so simple and non-messy... I did find out that some light rehydration of long freezer stored trim is wise,.. too dry and the plant material will crumble to near dust and muck up the final product... in the sense that too much plant bits will interfere with the binding of things as you heat and compress,... but lordy, the fresh stuff, still fizzing with terps- :drool:-- Dr.B, I believe that water extraction, while capable of making super refined product, losses significant amounts of terpenes in the process,... F' that! I don't give two winks and a fart if my hash doesn't melt, I want the booming flavor that fresh made hash has! And the potency thing, that's the terpene loss there I'm betting, missing that extra component to the synergistics of the chemistry,... I used parchment paper and (don't laugh) a large glass jar filled with very hot water to roll and heat the kif flat, open up and fold over a few times, repeat, repeat,.. it's the heat that's critical I believe, a certain min. temp that loosens up the resins/terps enough to meld properly with the plant material, making it turn that darker color, and producing the stiff gooey-sticky texture! :smoking:- Holy crap! the batch I made with the Skywalker x White Widow from last season--
twzonesmiley.gif
-crushing! Even with some green bits, it still stuck together OK enough,... one up side, it does crumble up more easily!

>> :headbang: Witchy luv, nice vid's! :thanks:

>> :doh:-- Archy, I bought a similar fekkin' paper weight hash pucker a while back.... :nono: 9 kinds of useless!

@budelee, I discussed hash made from dry sift vs bubble bags with HashMaster.
He calls it real hash and bubble hash. Now I understand why. :dizzy:
I first sifted, then washed with ice water. The hash I made from the sift is way more potent.

:shrug: I dont know man....the bubble i made last season is so damn potent you can barely smoke it...lol...seen a few folks go white from it. :D
IMG_44938.jpg

IMG_4495.JPG

i think the main issue with this lil press is it relies on finger and thumb strenght.ive heated it up,whacked it with a hammer to.
there is a T bar type of press than works better,only because its much bigger and the T allows much more pressure to be applied.i meant to try it in a lil bench vice,but one of many things i havnt got round to yet.
good luck.
:pighug:
I have both kinds, and actually prefer not to pack my kief too hard because then it's harder to melt/break it when I'm preparing capsules or juice. I really only use it for the ease of storing the kief.

Two things:

1) you want one with metal dowels inside, I have one like yours and like the two I have with metal parts better, and

2) I've pressed kief in it and placed the press still with the kief inside a VERY low oven, and it melted and made a mess. I don't recommend it....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back