Indoor My first grow journal!!!

Ok, this is now day 2 since the girls popped their heads out of the cubes. I just got them into their buckets and in the tent. I'm going to have them all on the floor for a couple weeks till they get a little bigger the set them up for the vertical scrog. So, without further ado let me introduce you all to the girls.
layla.jpg

this is Layla(massassin)
maggie may.jpg

Maggie May(massasin)
miss molly.jpg

Oh golly Miss Molly(massassin)
susie q.jpg

I love you...Susie Q(massassin)
proud mary.jpg

Proud Mary keep on rolling(mazar)
sweet caroline.jpg

Sweet Caroline...Dun Dun Dunn(mazar)
lady jane.jpg

And this is Lady Jane. She is the Auto Ultimate, I had an issue with her getting stuck in the seed shell and I had to pry her out so I hope that no real damage happened to her. Not ready for a bucket yet.

This is the tent setup for the next few weeks until they get a little bigger then ill get them into a vertical position.
IMG_20170504_202827.jpg

The water is just plain tap water with a little voodoo juice Ph'd to 5.8. after I set up the buckets and had the plants in them I tested the ph again and seen it went from 5.8 to 6.7. I'm not sure if it was from the air stones and hydroton but I do have to adjust it. PPM is at 427.

That's all I got for right now.
PEACE

Good luck. Now I am thinking I might have to try this. :pass:

hey gg, glad to see the girls all survived germination : )
i read that wrong first time and thought you were gonna try cram it full of a/u for some reason. mustve been half minced at the time lol. its looking good tho man. ive got no idea how these buckets work but just out of interest, how do you plan to empty/refill/clean them, once the scrogg is up? i bought a 2" scrogg net for my grow then realised it might be a hinderence for cleaning out my 1 gro tank so went for bondage instead. do they have a tap at the bottom of the bucket or something? im actually getting a sore head trying to think how i would do it lol.

oh also did you wash your medium out before transplant? that could be your ph jump issue. not sure what hydroton is but i know clay pebbles and rockwool cause the same problem if not squeeky cleanz

hey gg, glad to see the girls all survived germination : )
i read that wrong first time and thought you were gonna try cram it full of a/u for some reason. mustve been half minced at the time lol. its looking good tho man. ive got no idea how these buckets work but just out of interest, how do you plan to empty/refill/clean them, once the scrogg is up? i bought a 2" scrogg net for my grow then realised it might be a hinderence for cleaning out my 1 gro tank so went for bondage instead. do they have a tap at the bottom of the bucket or something? im actually getting a sore head trying to think how i would do it lol.
IMG_20170505_172852.jpg

I cut of a side of the net pot and duct taped it back so it makes a little door so I can siphon out the old water or check the roots. At each water change I'm going to do a plain ph'd water flush for a couple of days before I put fresh nutrient solution in. I know its going to be a lot of work and next grow I might go with a central reservoir.
Every thing seems to be going good so far but I'm a little worried about the temperatures. So far with the lights on I'm running about 86-88f degrees and 75 with the lights off. Humidity is 33-41%. Should I be worried about 88 degrees? Right now I'm experimenting with fan placement in the tent to see if that makes a difference. The reservoir temps are running about 80-82.

oh also did you wash your medium out before transplant? that could be your ph jump issue. not sure what hydroton is but i know clay pebbles and rockwool cause the same problem if not squeeky cleanz

I thought I washed it really good but I did see some of the clay dust at the bottom of the buckets. I guess Hydroton is a brand name of clay pellets.

heya dude hows trix. hope your grows goin well man. you still here for an update?

Back