Here's a look at the Trainwreck on day 43 at 26.5" I'm very pleased with her so far. My only other Trainwreck grow ended last June; she was harvested at 18" after 98 days and yielded 5.26 dry oz. So this current gal is only half way done, but already 47% bigger. Yum.

43.TW a.JPG
43.TW b.JPG
43.TW c.JPG
43.TW d.JPG

Looking good mate :thumbsup:. I'm currently growing some CQ's and one of them is a midget and seems stressed. Normal color, she grows, but is a tiny mutant, I don't get it :shrug:.

Couple of quick updates: Here's the 4 gals from this grow at day 42 for Samquanch OG, Cosmic Queen and Trainwreck; and day 25 for Sweet Tooth. All are doing well, and stretching nicely.
Trainwreck in far back right, Samsquanch in front right, Sweet Tooth on back left, and Cosmic Queen in front left. The Queen is a real giggle. So cute, so well shaped, and so tiny; my little bonsai baby.

View attachment 855676
Looking Great Bro!:d5::pass:

Looking good mate :thumbsup:. I'm currently growing some CQ's and one of them is a midget and seems stressed. Normal color, she grows, but is a tiny mutant, I don't get it :shrug:.
Yeh, I guess the strain is a little unstable or problematic still. Mine is just 11" at 45 days. They are supposed to run 24 to 40" at maturity. Not this gal. Oh well. I should have "put this up for adoption" to a family of Solo Cup growers.

Yeh, I guess the strain is a little unstable or problematic still. Mine is just 11" at 45 days. They are supposed to run 24 to 40" at maturity. Not this gal. Oh well. I should have "put this up for adoption" to a family of Solo Cup growers.

Time for a few photo updates. Here's the tent at day 51 (day 43 for Sweet Tooth). From left to right: Cosmic Queen, Samsquanch OG, Sweet Tooth, Trainwreck:
51.Tent a.JPG

Trainwreck has stopped stretching at 28" and is now starting to firm up the buds.

51.TW b.JPG

Cosmic Queen has finally come to life the past couple of weeks, and has been stretching about an inch every couple of days. Delicate flowers, but lots of them. Now 18" high.

51.CQ.JPG

Samsquanch OG has really taken off, surpassing Trainwreck. She's gonna be a nice yielding beauty. She's currently 30.5" in height.

51.Sam a.JPG

And the late starter, the 34 day old Sweet Tooth is also shaping up to be a monster. She's very healthy and putting on a stretch now -- currently 21"

51.ST(34).JPG

Happy growin' y'all :pass:

So I've been looking into CO2 supplementation. After a year of growing, this seems to be a great next step for me. So far my "research" convinces me to move cautiously, as:
  • some approaches to this can be quite expensive for initial set-up, and
  • choosing the best, most efficient approach/technology can be quite dependent on your physical environment, and
  • you're likely to be wasting money & effort if you can't seal your environmental while maintaining really good control over temps & humidity, and
  • the internet has a ton-of-info on this topic, but a huge amount is either conflicting, or only applicable to certain types of grows and/or environments.
There is lots of chatter about this on the icmag forum, but I'm a little surprised that I haven't found much info here on AFN. This concerns me 'cause I'm not comfortable putting too much reliance on advice and info that is based solely on photoperiod growing. Maybe my AFN site search skills are lacking, but I can't find much other than:
Here's the deal ... when I do this all-out, full-on, I want to have precise control over the process. For that reason, dry-ice, fermentation, booster buckets and mycelial mass bags are not viable -- they're cheap (short term) but virtually impossible to control. That leaves me with either the propane generator approach or the compressed cylinder approach.

I don't know enough yet to make that decision, and I still have experience to gain controlling environmental temp & humidity. So for the moment, I'll dip my toes in the water (actually, the gas) by using some mycelial bags. 14 days ago I installed the Exhale 365 bag, and then 11 days ago I installed the Orgreenic Mushroom Innovations XL bag (thanks @Unique for the recommend). Both take a few weeks to reach maximum productivity, and, since I have no monitor yet, I'll really have no idea what kind of dosage I'm getting nor how fast it escapes when I open the tent. But its a start. Obviously I going to have to get a monitor soon.

45.CO2.JPG
49.CO2.JPG

:pimp:

It's been a week since last photos, so here are some updates. It's day 58 for Cosmic Queen, Samsquanch OG, & Trainwreck, and day 41 for Sweet Tooth. First, Cosmic Queen. She's been a surprise lately, after a slow veg period where I was convinced that she was a mutant dwarf, she finally started filling out and stretching. She is still quite petite, but covered with but sites and now over 20" in height. She'll take much longer to finish than either the Sam's OG or Trainwreck, but my patience will be rewarded.

58.CQ b.JPG
58.CQ c.JPG

Now for Samsquanch OG. She's finishing up her stretching (>31.5") and just focusing on fattening up the buds. She has a nice small of grapefruit when stroking the leaves:

58.SAM a.JPG
58.SAM b.JPG

Next is Trainwreck -- who was initially the focus of this grow. She stopped stretching about 10 days ago, and stands at 28". I was hoping that she get taller, but this is "all she wrote" for this grow. Still, I'm pleased that she's 55% taller than my previous Trainwreck, grown last June. These buds are quite large and extremely dense. It will be fun bringing her through the final two phases of my nute program.

58.TW a.JPG
58.TW b.JPG

The final gal in the tent is Sweet Tooth -- started 17 days later than the others. She is now about 41 days old. But here's the thing, she's out of control. She's stretching about 2+ inches each day. At this point she's over 41" and towering over everyone else. I keep raising the light, but she seems to tolerate being within 6" of it. My previous two Sweet Tooth plants were done in AutoPots and never got over 25.5". This one is in a 5-gallon fiber pot and getting a heavy Advanced Nute/Green Planet program. The distance between each node is long, so I'm not sure how if the yield will match the size of the plant. But it's still early yet. Should be interesting.

58.ST (41).JPG
1471355299-brazil1.gif

Tally ho. :pass:

Last edited:
Back