She starting pick up nicely now...what day is trainwreck at now? I seen days for other two, just curious so I can figure how much stretch ya have to go. I see she wants start preflowering soon, so probably around day 33-35?
Hi @Unique Here's a shot from today, which is Day 39 for both Trainwreck & Samsquanch OG. Trainwreck is 21.5" at the time of this shot. That's 6" of stretch over the past 4 days. My nute schedule has me on about another 3 days of veg before switching over to bloom. But because of the strong bud site (pre-flower) development, I've activated the UVB bulb on the Amare light as of yesterday. Sam-OG is doing equally well, stretched to 17.5". Here they are; Trainwreck on the left and Sam-OG on the right.

39.TW.JPG
39.SAM.JPG

Hi @Unique Here's a shot from today, which is Day 39 for both Trainwreck & Samsquanch OG. Trainwreck is 21.5" at the time of this shot. That's 6" of stretch over the past 4 days. My nute schedule has me on about another 3 days of veg before switching over to bloom. But because of the strong bud site (pre-flower) development, I've activated the UVB bulb on the Amare light as of yesterday. Sam-OG is doing equally well, stretched to 17.5". Here they are; Trainwreck on the left and Sam-OG on the right.

View attachment 853200 View attachment 853208
She's looking very good my friend! I was pretty close .... Hey careful with that other one, I been seeing few other growers that having issues with that strain hermie'ing just little fyi... I hope she stretches a bit more for ya, we both know them trainwrecks fill in well..Keep up the good work my friend..

Actually VPD work's very well in a very controlled environment... I call my environment an optimized grow environment, since I'm providing the co2 supplement and able control everything else very precise... Using a non-sealed tent I can tell ya I do use vpd still, but it's rather hard to control... I much rather prefer sealed, ya really need a good, very decent size dehumidifier in a sealed tent, but ya have 100% control of your environment, you simply can't get that kind of control in a non-sealed tent to many variables..I know ya can make it work for you, really all ya need do is add a co2 bag or 2 and you'll be good to go, can seal up tent, also restrict extraction from running so often or run for short bursts like I do.. I just feel that is what may possibly be causing you to have issues. It's very hard control vpd in non-sealed tent... half the day you fight with it think everything dead on come back hr later everything off again... I wouldn't give up bro on vpd, you know it works you can see it in my plants... I'm 100% confident if ya add co2 bags it will help ya greatly..it's a little tricky running a sealed tent, but very rewarding, I can promise ya that.

:pighug:I appreciate the feedback and tips. I looked into the co2 thing some months before I started growing. I assumed that the "right" way to do it was with tanks, regulators, monitors and timers. But I was intimidated and decided that as a total novice, I should avoid this initially. So now, with a few grows under my belt, I am intrigued by something similar but simply like hanging bags. Can I ask you some questions please ....

What bags do you use? Do you use them throughout the entire grow from seedling to harvest? As I understand it, once they are opened the bags emit co2 24/7 -- so is their any problem running small interior fans to circulate air among the plants? ('cause I do this continuously from flower to harvest to stimulate transpiration and avoid mold.) And last, how often and long do you run exhaust fans to remove odor or stale air? Thanks in advance for your input. And I hope you are starting to feel a bit better from being sick. :smoking:

:pighug:I appreciate the feedback and tips. I looked into the co2 thing some months before I started growing. I assumed that the "right" way to do it was with tanks, regulators, monitors and timers. But I was intimidated and decided that as a total novice, I should avoid this initially. So now, with a few grows under my belt, I am intrigued by something similar but simply like hanging bags. Can I ask you some questions please ....

What bags do you use? Do you use them throughout the entire grow from seedling to harvest? As I understand it, once they are opened the bags emit co2 24/7 -- so is their any problem running small interior fans to circulate air among the plants? ('cause I do this continuously from flower to harvest to stimulate transpiration and avoid mold.) And last, how often and long do you run exhaust fans to remove odor or stale air? Thanks in advance for your input. And I hope you are starting to feel a bit better from being sick. :smoking:
I use these organic co2 bags, they are xl ones..they say good for a 4x4 area, I do use start to finish but I add my 2nd bag 2months after the first... I totally agree the best way is with tanks, but that is a very costly investment... Tank setup will easily run ya $800+, you would need not only tank,lines,regulator,co2 controller... the controller alone run anywhere from 200-450...Then of course bringing tanks in & out of house, weather in a legal state or not that could draw attention.. bags I consider low level co2, bcoz you not need a co2 controller... the co2 bag will pretty much stay isolated to your tent only, no risk of super high level going throughout house.. I would still get a co2 monitor at least so your able monitor your levels, I use a repeater for my extraction.. So it runs very brief under 5mins, I run it every hr, just for the 5min blast to clear up odors...I don't pump any fresh air into tent,no vent's open..totally sealed.. I can send ya the link for the bags if interested? They very well priced I think, like 26$ w/ shipping not bad at all for an XL bag w/shipping but they also have type that you can activate when your ready too, which is good if getting more then one, they do have deals on 2pack,3pack,6packs. It's really a good way for ya to see how much it will work & help ya out...But I'm 100% convinced once ya try co2, you'll never stop using it.. Oh I'm still not feeling much better...sighh... thanks for asking though.. Am almost into 2nd week like this, total space cadet at times... very dizzy,weak.. just feel like shit!

ohh about the fan's running, that's not an issue at all..in fact it's something you'll want extremely good air-flow inside tent, since the bags will drop a co2 gas the fans will help prevent it from settling on the floor and move around room allowing plants take it in ..

Last edited:
even when your extraction does come on for short bursts, depending on odors... like if they low,very low.. then you not need run extraction every 1hr even, can do every 2,3,4 whatever ya need just to control odors.. not much will escape tent anyways, so you shouldn't need run them very often at all..your not trying to replace air, only scrub air...Just make sure have a very good dehumidifier,that's kinda very important...with good dehumidifier & co2 bags and sealed tent, you'll see how easy it is to maintain the VPD and control your environment 100%..

@Unique - that's a ton of great info based on your experience. Many, many thanks. :bow: I don't need the link for the bags, 'cause your description was very clear. Seems like the products from Exhale, and I just ordered the "EXHALE 365 - SELF ACTIVATED CO2 BAG". It should arrive in a couple of days, and I'm excited to give it a try. I'll also be saving on electricity 'cause I won't need to run supply/input fans any more. And then, because of that, I won't need to run extraction constantly to maintain a negative air pressure in the tent. So its a win-win. :biggrin:

As you suggested, I do want to get a co2 monitor. I see cheap ones (China?) for around $50, and then what look like slightly more mainstream ones around $100. But for $200 I can get what looks like a good one that would also act as a controller ---- 'cause you're "100% convinced once ya try co2, you'll never stop using it." in which case I'm probably going to want a tank on a smart controller. Looks like this might do the trick: Day Night CO2 Monitor & Controller for Greenhouses (www.co2meter.com/collections/agriculture) Its $199 from Amazon. Then all I'd need would be the regulator and the tank and some hose. We'll see, in the meantime, its the Exhale bag.

Take care of yourself and shake that cold/flu/whatever. :toke:

nooo, not them please not them kind...Thats why I asked if ya wanted the link... The bags I use way better then exhale, the clips suck on them bags and they can crash to floor, I only know that from experience, a bad one at that and the bag ended up leaking as well.. so I hope ya get different type.

@Unique - that's a ton of great info based on your experience. Many, many thanks. :bow: I don't need the link for the bags, 'cause your description was very clear. Seems like the products from Exhale, and I just ordered the "EXHALE 365 - SELF ACTIVATED CO2 BAG". It should arrive in a couple of days, and I'm excited to give it a try. I'll also be saving on electricity 'cause I won't need to run supply/input fans any more. And then, because of that, I won't need to run extraction constantly to maintain a negative air pressure in the tent. So its a win-win. :biggrin:

As you suggested, I do want to get a co2 monitor. I see cheap ones (China?) for around $50, and then what look like slightly more mainstream ones around $100. But for $200 I can get what looks like a good one that would also act as a controller ---- 'cause you're "100% convinced once ya try co2, you'll never stop using it." in which case I'm probably going to want a tank on a smart controller. Looks like this might do the trick: Day Night CO2 Monitor & Controller for Greenhouses (www.co2meter.com/collections/agriculture) Its $199 from Amazon. Then all I'd need would be the regulator and the tank and some hose. We'll see, in the meantime, its the Exhale bag.

Take care of yourself and shake that cold/flu/whatever. :toke:

yeah, you not really need a co2 monitor....BUT.it's very nice to know your tent levels, imo.. I hope you get a different bag then exhale, them suck I'll be completely honest with ya, the clips blow, they crash to floor, they leak.. and an xl one will cost way more then 26$ delivered.That controller you mentioned for 199$ I seen that, I'm thinking picking that up myself, not bad deal for 199$ I need check reviews better on it, but I think that one was okay...The bag you'll find on ebay for 26$ delivered it's an xl bag and has an awesome clip, once ya see it, you'll know why I say get this one over the over, not only price better, clip better, bags do not leak... I can't find anything bad about them... I'm thinking getting that 199$ one, because I do have co2 burner I just not have a controller.. Burners work differently then tanks or bags though, when using co2 burner you need blow it down towards your plants with a fan or it kinda just stays way up high, total opposite of tanks & bags, them are a gas that will fall to floor, so ya need fan at floor to blow back up type of thing...To me using co2 is as easy as breathing, I know once ya start you'll wonder why ya waited... You'll probably end up getting tanks soon after...I prefer burner for several reasons, I can get propane with out ever drawing attention to myself, since it's used for grills..besides controller for burner, basically ya should have a fail safe or some type temp thing to trip fan in event something goes wrong, highly unlikely.. but safety first..

Last edited:
Very nice info guys, certainly worth some rep I would say :nicethread::slap:.

As a matter of fact this this answered some questions I had running around my head :cool1:. Especially concerning CO2 bags, which I really didn't get until now, like why would you use a bag like that with a 6" extraction fan running? But the answer is SEALED tents, which is something I've heard a week ago for the first time. And now I find a proponent of the method right here :woohoo1:.

I would say that I've found about VPD around the same time @Only1Sky did and it helped me to a better understanding of the environmental conditions during the grow, but I hardly could control it in my non-sealed tent, just observe. So, sealed tents and CO2 bags do make sense and it seems something worth trying :thumbsup:

Don't be surprised if I hit both of you up with a load of questions :pass:.

Anyway, subbed, happy growing dude :d5:.

Very nice info guys, certainly worth some rep I would say :nicethread::slap:.

As a matter of fact this this answered some questions I had running around my head :cool1:. Especially concerning CO2 bags, which I really didn't get until now, like why would you use a bag like that with a 6" extraction fan running? But the answer is SEALED tents, which is something I've heard a week ago for the first time. And now I find a proponent of the method right here :woohoo1:.

I would say that I've found about VPD around the same time @Only1Sky did and it helped me to a better understanding of the environmental conditions during the grow, but I hardly could control it in my non-sealed tent, just observe. So, sealed tents and CO2 bags do make sense and it seems something worth trying :thumbsup:

Don't be surprised if I hit both of you up with a load of questions :pass:.

Anyway, subbed, happy growing dude :d5:.
Yeah, It's a very good cheap efficient way to see how they will work for ya and help ya really dial your setup in very tightly!:pass:

Back