And here's the 4'x4' tent packed with all four ladies. Left to right: Cosmic Queen, Samsquanch OG, Sweet Tooth, and Trainwreck. Its day 67 for all except Sweet Tooth who is at day 50.
67.tent a.JPG

As you can see, the youngster Sweet Tooth has gone berserk. She's supposed to be 60/40 ratio of Indica to Sativa. But I suspect this gal got a full dose of Sativa genes. The flowers are not densely packed, and there's lots of distance between the branches. I had to bend over the top once it reached 48", but it has not slowed her down at all. Gonna be fun. I had to take the other 3 plants out of the tent to get a decent picture. Take a look:

67.ST (50) a.JPG
67.ST (50) b.JPG

:jump:

heyhey that's a lovely view right there! :thumbsup:
great to find you're growing the Cosmic Queen too - in fact, yours has a similar general appearance as mine, though their growth progressions are different. In my case, I know that high humidity had its influence, it slowed her down significantly, but she never was a dwarf. I'm strongly suspecting we got phenotypes there. What's she smelling like?!

Mine's at day 74 and I'm on the "should I-should I not" merry-go-round regarding the chop - trichs (and tight closet conditions!) say chop the top, plant says wait a bit lol
Why I started looking around for more CQ grows to compare mine with and maybe get some clarity ;)

Cheers!!:smoking:

Hey @calliandra, thanks for stopping by and saying hi. My CQ girl is now at 23" and smelling sweet, but not particularly strong. I'm VERY interested to follow up on some other CQ grows. So I found your Cosmic Queens in living soil thread and subbed up. When I get some time I'll try to catch up on the progression in the thread. :smoking:

Time for a few updates. Took these photos yesterday, which was Day 73 for Cosmic Queen, Samsquanch OG and Trainwreck. All are on their final phase of the nutrient program, which is:
2 ml/L of Herculean Harvest for 3-4 days, then 1 day of 2g/L of Dense. Once a week or so these are suspended in favor of a double shot of ReCharge along with SLF-100 at 5ml/gallon.

Here's the Cosmic Queen at 23"
73.CQ b.JPG
73.CQ d.JPG
73.CQ e.JPG
73.CQ f.JPG

Next is Samsquanch OG at 32"

73.SAM d.JPG
73.SAM a.JPG
73.SAM f.JPG
73.SAM h.JPG

Finally, the much coveted (by my wife) Trainwreck, who finally inched up to 29" but is packing on some really dense buds.

73.TW a.JPG
73.TW e.JPG
73.TW d.JPG
73.TW h.JPG

:cheers: :d5: :smoking:

Also in this tent is the younger Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth. She's a monster and is dominating the tent. She's now 56 days old and building some real nice flower clusters. She reached 48" about 12 days ago, at which point I bent the top leader to 90 degrees. Since then I've had to bend and supercrop several additional branches. Here's a look, once I got the other 3 plants out of the way. Just a reminder, this is a 4'x4' tent, and my lights are about as high as they can go.

73.ST (56) a.JPG
73.ST (56) e.JPG
73.ST (56) g.JPG

Time for a few updates. Took these photos yesterday, which was Day 73 for Cosmic Queen, Samsquanch OG and Trainwreck. All are on their final phase of the nutrient program, which is:
2 ml/L of Herculean Harvest for 3-4 days, then 1 day of 2g/L of Dense. Once a week or so these are suspended in favor of a double shot of ReCharge along with SLF-100 at 5ml/gallon.

Here's the Cosmic Queen at 23"
View attachment 869742 View attachment 869744 View attachment 869745 View attachment 869746

Next is Samsquanch OG at 32"

View attachment 869749 View attachment 869748 View attachment 869750 View attachment 869751

Finally, the much coveted (by my wife) Trainwreck, who finally inched up to 29" but is packing on some really dense buds.

View attachment 869752 View attachment 869754 View attachment 869753 View attachment 869755
:cheers: :d5: :smoking:
Looking Great my Friend! Hey that Cosmic Queen has some very small leaves huh?:d5::pass:

Yes, the Queen's leaves are absolutely tiny, and her flowers are pretty small too. Fortunately, there's a lot of them. Several folks are growing out C. Queens right now -- it was an offering from Mepisto's Fall Artisinal Drop --- and I notice several of us seem to have gotten petite, almost dwarf-like, phenos.

Yes, the Queen's leaves are absolutely tiny, and her flowers are pretty small too. Fortunately, there's a lot of them. Several folks are growing out C. Queens right now -- it was an offering from Mepisto's Fall Artisinal Drop --- and I notice several of us seem to have gotten petite, almost dwarf-like, phenos.
yes, I agree there plenty of them... I noticed they seem very tiny...

Raising my hand, I'm currently harvesting one that looked very much like yours (not petite though, she was 60cm tall spread over 75 x 45cm, but was cramped in that space). I was putting it down to the high air humidity and constricted space she had to grow in, but it seems there's more to the story, as she seems to be neither in your space!
I also have been thinking it was a mistake to defoliate her - I did this in early flower, when humidity soared to a range of 60-90%. And while it was good for humidity levels, I think it also caused her to grow out more small leaves, turning the whole inner part of the bush into a cotton candy mess of triched up plant matter. The same is happening on the other CQ I have growing, though it is a different pheno and got defoliated a bit less drastically...
I really do want to grow her again, with space to properly train her out horizontally, removing leaves only at the very beginning so she doesn't have to go all shaggy in flower lol
The smoke is showing itself to be very nice and uplifting!
Cheers! :d5:

@calliandra - glad to hear that you're enjoying the smoke. I too will try to grow this stain again, maybe in summer or next fall -- and hope that I get a larger sized plant. I'm really not at all sure when I should harvest this one --- even at 75 days the trichs are still clear and the flower/buds still delicate.

Back