Lighting Rapid LED vs COBshop - need advice

I know most people on this site swear by autocobs but the QB96s and rapidled pucks are better choices

Id recommend the QB96

You can run it up to 225 watts without any active cooling

You can go over 300 watts with cooling

I think they can pushed to 400 watts per light

From what I’ve seen these things are in a league of their own

I am new to the LED game. I am a 315 CMH man right now but am looking to pick up 2 QB96 V2 for another tent. Whats is the best dimmable driver to buy for these two units?

I am new to the LED game. I am a 315 CMH man right now but am looking to pick up 2 QB96 V2 for another tent. Whats is the best dimmable driver to buy for these two units?
Get a meanwell A driver

I have 2 HLG-185h-54a drivers(1for each of my QB96s)

Some use the 240...some wire them in parallel on a 320

The Chilled logic royal blue puck, with 140 pin heatsink and HBG 100-48 driver is $105, I just put one together, which I'm pretty happy with...

puck.JPG

The Chilled logic royal blue puck, with 140 pin heatsink and HBG 100-48 driver is $105, I just put one together, which I'm pretty happy with...

View attachment 1025158
Not bad and looks bright. Did it come with everything to hang it also? Cobshop has his for about same price but comes with everything.

Not bad and looks bright. Did it come with everything to hang it also? Cobshop has his for about same price but comes with everything.

No. I bought the thermal pad, heatsink, and puck, from chilled. All I needed to finish though was two pieces of metal on the side, which were easy to bend at the indentations, and a couple of bolts. This is 100W though.

I had both my elites 96's running at 3.8A 55.4V 210W but I have turned them down now to 3A at 54.1V so I'm still putting out the same 400W but it's noticeably more even as well as less self shading. The HBG runs very cool and the Elites have dropped down to 45C

No. I bought the thermal pad, heatsink, and puck, from chilled. All I needed to finish though was two pieces of metal on the side, which were easy to bend at the indentations, and a couple of bolts. This is 100W though.

I had both my elites 96's running at 3.8A 55.4V 210W but I have turned them down now to 3A at 54.1V so I'm still putting out the same 400W but it's noticeably more even as well as less self shading. The HBG runs very cool and the Elites have dropped down to 45C
Nice I saw the spec chart and while it will take the full 100w they show most efficient at 75w. The cobshops are 65 watts and lights rated to hold 100w also. So for same price you could of had RTR cob.

Nice I saw the spec chart and while it will take the full 100w they show most efficient at 75w. The cobshops are 65 watts and lights rated to hold 100w also. So for same price you could of had RTR cob.

It's actually a little more complex for me because I'm not in America so all these ready made re get very expensive for me, with import duty and shipping. But I personally prefer the QB or Chilled board layout to function like a cob because they can add extra diodes. I liked the form of cobs, and I disliked the big flat quantum boards for my grow style, so these new small quantum boards on cob size pucks are, for me, ideal.

It's actually a little more complex for me because I'm not in America so all these ready made re get very expensive for me, with import duty and shipping. But I personally prefer the QB or Chilled board layout to function like a cob because they can add extra diodes. I liked the form of cobs, and I disliked the big flat quantum boards for my grow style, so these new small quantum boards on cob size pucks are, for me, ideal.
Awesome never thought of it that way. Very good point indeed, I just learned from experience buying so many different lights that it's actually cheaper and better to buy premade here in the states. Very awesome setup and light. Sorry for aggravating ya though. I never even gave shipping a thought or that you were out of states.

Back