New Grower Noob decides to open auto factory

Haha I struggle in soil too. Can’t do it. I fuck things up too much, I need something like DWC that can recover fast. But noob that I am, I suspect organic soil is where it’s at and I’m ever slowly gathering the data I’ll need to give it a go at some point. For now, I’m in love with my big lusty sloppy DWC monsters so I’ll continue plodding along with that for now, but it’s in the plan for me as well.

Couple great journals in here, whole sections, there’s more but I like to follow @Roasty McToasty ’s journal, he’s getting his feet wet now and things are looking good. Here’s a link: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ripleys-fugue-and-creme-stomper.70697/page-13
Soil is a lot tougher than it seems! [emoji28]

I am still going to do DWC in my other grow space (because I totally love it) but thinking 8 autos in an 8x4 organic living soil setup would be way easier to manage.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding guides on here but probably just need to get used to the search features/app. Thanks for pointing out that person to follow. Going to look that up now and see what I can learn over next couple hours.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Soil is a lot tougher than it seems! [emoji28]

I am still going to do DWC in my other grow space (because I totally love it) but thinking 8 autos in an 8x4 organic living soil setup would be way easier to manage.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding guides on here but probably just need to get used to the search features/app. Thanks for pointing out that person to follow. Going to look that up now and see what I can learn over next couple hours.

Here’s a link to the entire organic section — huge knowledge base — when you’re ready to have a look see. https://www.autoflower.org/forums/organic-growing.246/

Give the living soil route a try! I am 1/2 way through my first grow using kind soil and roots organic. So far it has been as straight forward as one could ask for.
Best of luck with your grow

Give the living soil route a try! I am 1/2 way through my first grow using kind soil and roots organic. So far it has been as straight forward as one could ask for.
Best of luck with your grow
I can't seem to find a good premixed living soil option here in Ontario, Canada.

Considered this stuff:

SS-W (Super Soil) Living Soil 3 Cuft Compressed bales, Loose volume is approximately 34 gallons or 127 litres. 55-60 lbs All ingredients are 100% organically sourced and organic certified.

A selected blend of Canadian ingredients include: Mycorrhizae, bone meal, blood meal, perlite, kelp meal, fish bone meal, Wollastonite, worm castings, basalt rock dust, gypsum, yucca, dolomite lime, alfalfa meal and humic acid.

Not really sure if this is what I need exactly.

I can't seem to find a good premixed living soil option here in Ontario, Canada.

Considered this stuff:

SS-W (Super Soil) Living Soil 3 Cuft Compressed bales, Loose volume is approximately 34 gallons or 127 litres. 55-60 lbs All ingredients are 100% organically sourced and organic certified.

A selected blend of Canadian ingredients include: Mycorrhizae, bone meal, blood meal, perlite, kelp meal, fish bone meal, Wollastonite, worm castings, basalt rock dust, gypsum, yucca, dolomite lime, alfalfa meal and humic acid.

Not really sure if this is what I need exactly.

I’m using Natures Living Soil and it’s working really well, consists of a lot of those ingredients.

I’m using Natures Living Soil and it’s working really well, consists of a lot of those ingredients.
Ended up looking up @stepwell_soil on Instagram and there's some real [emoji91] grown with just this and water

I think I'm going to give it a shot! I was really worried about the noise of pumps where this grow space is and this totally solves that problem.

I went on some real tangents here so I recreated my grow journal to reflect revised setup/medium. Wanted to encourage everyone who stopped by to go to new thread and follow along!

Thanks to everyone who provided early feedback and ultimately encouraged me to try super soil. Sounds a lot simpler and I'm excited to see if I can actually grow something in soil without drowning it!

Back