Lighting Rapid LED vs COBshop - need advice

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mac & Cheese, Primal Punch, Arise
im in a little bit of a bind with a plant I started out of sequence. So....I’m looking for a lighting solution for flowering a single DP Auto Ultimate. I can’t decide which of these lighting solutions to choose:

RapidLED 150w (2x 75w true) 3500k Cree CXB3590 dimmable COB pucks - $309

COBshop.net 2 x Autocob (55w each, I think) w/ 3500k - $250

RapidLED Chilled Logic dimmable 100w (true) fixture w/ Meanwell 240H 2100b driver - $309

All 3 will work but I can’t decide. Once I finish this auto, whichever light package I go with will be used to supplement a 240w 3500k LED fixture I’m building for a new 3x3 veg tent. I’d love to go with the Autocob because it’s cheaper and a site sponsor but I can get an additional 50% more light from the RapidLED COB package and I’ve heard such great things about the Chilled Logic lights that I’m seriously tempted to try one. On the other hand, I worry that there’s more hype than substance to the higher priced RapidLED lights. Lol! What would YOU get? Help me choose!

@Weed Warrior @Waira @Ripper

im in a little bit of a bind with a plant I started out of sequence. So....I’m looking for a lighting solution for flowering a single DP Auto Ultimate. I can’t decide which of these lighting solutions to choose:

RapidLED 150w (2x 75w true) 3500k Cree CXB3590 dimmable COB pucks - $309

COBshop.net 2 x Autocob (55w each, I think) w/ 3500k - $250

RapidLED Chilled Logic dimmable 100w (true) fixture w/ Meanwell 240H 2100b driver - $309

All 3 will work but I can’t decide. Once I finish this auto, whichever light package I go with will be used to supplement a 240w 3500k LED fixture I’m building for a new 3x3 veg tent. I’d love to go with the Autocob because it’s cheaper and a site sponsor but I can get an additional 50% more light from the RapidLED COB package and I’ve heard such great things about the Chilled Logic lights that I’m seriously tempted to try one. On the other hand, I worry that there’s more hype than substance to the higher priced RapidLED lights. Lol! What would YOU get? Help me choose!

@Weed Warrior @Waira @Ripper
Personally I am a fan of the autocob. But I have not used either of the others. But you can not argue with the results of the autocob.. look at @Dabber grows.

Personally I am a fan of the autocob. But I have not used either of the others. But you can not argue with the results of the autocob.. look at @Dabber grows.

Would 2 Autocobs be enogh to flower a fairly large auto?

I used 4 autocobs in a 4x4x7 tent with 1 autocob per plant. I only grow 4 at a time.
20180723_131857.jpg
20180723_131906.jpg

@BigSm0 arent they cobs now 75w? Thought I read a few threads ago you upped the wattage.

Ok. Thanks fellas! I’ll order the AutoCOBs

@Dabber @Ripper @bushmasterar15

Anyone know if there’s a AFN discount code? I messaged BigSmo a few days ago but I don’t think he’s been around and I’d like to order today. Thanks!

Last edited:

Anyone know if there’s a AFN discount code? I messaged BigSmo a few days ago but I don’t think he’s been around and I’d like to order today. Thanks!
There is already a discount on the lights right now.

Just place the order and if there’s a place for comments mention your a memeber here and he’ll take care of u one way or another.

Back