Indoor Oscorp Industries - Living Organics with Green Goblin

IMG_20180828_014734.jpg

How far is your light right now and what spectrum are you running at this point? Thanks for reply bro! Just curious. Doing a study on spectrum and it's effects on certain aspects like stretch, terpene production, and resin production.:muahaha:

How far is your light right now and what spectrum are you running at this point? Thanks for reply bro! Just curious. Doing a study on spectrum and it's effects on certain aspects like stretch, terpene production, and resin production.:muahaha:

Thanks man, I'm running 2 autocobs at the moment (1) 3500k & (1) 6500k..When flower hits I may add in another 3500k so there is one cob per plant.

Almost missed the other question..My light distance I start at 35" from the soil surface..As the plants sprout I keep put them at 35" from the top of the plant to the light chip..I bounce back and forth in the beginning from 35"-38" watching how the plants stretch and how their leaves respond to the light..As they grow,I drop the lights down a little at a time again,keeping an eye on how they respond..If your serrated edges start to raise and the leaves start to fold like a taco,the intensity is too strong and tells you back the lights off some.In flower, my lights usually hit the lower 20's..The last run,my cob was 18" from the top of the tallest Double Grape and was fine..Some strains can handle it more than others.It is a matter of keeping a close eye on your plant's response.If the plants are stressed with a certain light distance for too long,you'll gradually notice the margins of the leaves developing faint yellow patches progressing to full on bleaching if not corrected.

Last edited:
Almost missed the other question..My light distance I start at 35" from the soil surface..As the plants sprout I keep put them at 35" from the top of the plant to the light chip..I bounce back and forth in the beginning from 35"-38" watching how the plants stretch and how their leaves respond to the light..As they grow,I drop the lights down a little at a time again,keeping an eye on how they respond..If your serrated edges start to raise and the leaves start to fold like a taco,the intensity is too strong and tells you back the lights off some.In flower, my lights usually hit the lower 20's..The last run,my cob was 18" from the top of the tallest Double Grape and was fine..Some strains can handle it more than others.It is a matter of keeping a close eye on your plant's response.If the plants are stressed with a certain light distance for too long,you'll gradually notice the margins of the leaves developing faint yellow patches progressing to full on bleaching if not corrected.

Thanks for answering my questions, and I appreciate the detail as well. Your plan is not far off from what the best growers use. I veg with a 600w blurple on veg only, which gives mostly that 6500 spectrum and some UV as well at 36" and then above that on both sides at around 45" are two 3500k cobs to help add some red spectrum and yellow, but less intense. Then, kind of like your system, I am watching the plants and trying to get lights closer. I have two 150w leds in opposite corners which get turned on in first week of flower giving me a total of about 570w led for my 4x4 tent.
Messing with spectrum and intensity together can really optimize terpene, resins, and yield. Yes, for your situation, adding another 3500k for flower will help give you a better balance and the plants will stretch a bit more with the additional red and far red from that 3500.

Thanks for answering my questions, and I appreciate the detail as well. Your plan is not far off from what the best growers use. I veg with a 600w blurple on veg only, which gives mostly that 6500 spectrum and some UV as well at 36" and then above that on both sides at around 45" are two 3500k cobs to help add some red spectrum and yellow, but less intense. Then, kind of like your system, I am watching the plants and trying to get lights closer. I have two 150w leds in opposite corners which get turned on in first week of flower giving me a total of about 570w led for my 4x4 tent.
Messing with spectrum and intensity together can really optimize terpene, resins, and yield. Yes, for your situation, adding another 3500k for flower will help give you a better balance and the plants will stretch a bit more with the additional red and far red from that 3500.

The only thing when adding that third cob to my space 2'7"x2'7"x5'11" is you really have to watch the light distance..3 is a little over the maximum for my space but they will benefit from the extra light.It is just a matter of dialing in the distance at that intensity for those plants.At the end of the day,too much light is too much light.In the future,I actually want to invest in some 2700k's for flower and some UV for the last few weeks.

The only thing when adding that third cob to my space 2'7"x2'7"x5'11" is you really have to watch the light distance..3 is a little over the maximum for my space but they will benefit from the extra light.It is just a matter of dialing in the distance at that intensity for those plants.At the end of the day,too much light is too much light.

Agreed about intensity, but spectrum I believe is the real key. I have been chasing those elusive phenotypes and having success by manipulating spectrum. If I want the short bushy phenotype, you can use more blue, purple, and UV-B, if you want the tall pheno, use more reds, far reds combined to get the shade stretch response.

Agreed about intensity, but spectrum I believe is the real key. I have been chasing those elusive phenotypes and having success by manipulating spectrum. If I want the short bushy phenotype, you can use more blue, purple, and UV-B, if you want the tall pheno, use more reds, far reds combined to get the shade stretch response.

I agree, what I meant though is if the lights are too intense,your plants will suffer..I've run the three cobs in this space before when I first started playing with cobs and trying to dial them in and got some minor light stress.These small chips are strong.

Back