Indoor Iriee Vibez True Living Organic Gorilla Glue Battle ------ Autoseeds vs. Fast Buds

I am waiting for the Autoseeds and FastBuds GG's to cure a bit to give the final smoke report and reveal the winner of the Gorilla Glue competition.

CDLC Day 48

She is really filling out her buds, and did grow a bit vertically over the last few days. I am holding out hope for some more height to maximize yield. I cant really complain, though. She has been the picture of health and trouble free to grow. She has a few tops and seems to want to stack some buds, so its all good. I am looking forward to see what she does over the few weeks. Come on stretch!

CDLC Day 48 - 3.jpg
CDLC Day 48 - 5.jpg
CDLC Day 48 - 4.jpg

Auto Night Queen Day 15

She is off to a pretty good start. Nice early lower branching, and starting to really kick in now.

CDLC Day 48 - 1.jpg
CDLC Day 48 - 2.jpg

I am still waiting on the Autoseeds GSC to emerge. But I am a much more patient grower than before. I got this.

CDLC Day 48 - 6.jpg

I am waiting for the Autoseeds and FastBuds GG's to cure a bit to give the final smoke report and reveal the winner of the Gorilla Glue competition.

CDLC Day 48

She is really filling out her buds, and did grow a bit vertically over the last few days. I am holding out hope for some more height to maximize yield. I cant really complain, though. She has been the picture of health and trouble free to grow. She has a few tops and seems to want to stack some buds, so its all good. I am looking forward to see what she does over the few weeks. Come on stretch!

View attachment 1156364View attachment 1156367View attachment 1156365

Auto Night Queen Day 15

She is off to a pretty good start. Nice early lower branching, and starting to really kick in now.

View attachment 1156366View attachment 1156368

I am still waiting on the Autoseeds GSC to emerge. But I am a much more patient grower than before. I got this.

View attachment 1156363
Nice job man I've noticed 3 different phenos to most of mephistos plants looks like u have the smaller one I actually have one my self right now that's doing the same thing as urs lol I'm hoping for big dense nugs but we will see. This a pic of her here she is similar in structure also I noticed some of there fast strains are not good for topping they just don't take to it well 24carat blue toof are a few that I've grown a good amount of and acted very similar to urs. How tall and wide is she and ur right she looks very happy bud can't wait to see her start filling in
20200206_083735.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job man I've noticed 3 different phenos to most of mephistos plants looks like u have the smaller one I actually have one my self right now that's doing the same thing as urs lol I'm hoping for big dense nugs but we will see.
Just my luck, man! I was hoping for a taller plant. Oh well. Lol! I haven’t seen many small Night Queens, so I am hoping that one makes up for it.

Just my luck, man! I was hoping for a taller plant. Oh well. Lol! I haven’t seen many small Night Queens, so I am hoping that one makes up for it.
I hope you get the strawberry milk shake pheno it's the one I've not got yet myself I've got one seed left myself but also crossed mbap from Mephisto to night queen so I'm hoping to get one at some point supposed to be the best flavor and still yields soils.

Me
I hope you get the strawberry milk shake pheno it's the one I've not got yet myself I've got one seed left myself but also crossed mbap from Mephisto to night queen so I'm hoping to get one at some point supposed to be the best flavor and still yields soils.
Me too, Fitz! Last time, I grew two and got that SM pheno with one. It still is one of the tastiest strains I have grown. And great night time meds, too. It was a sad day when Ireached into the jar and found it was done. Caught me by surprise, as I usually want to savor the final bud of any grow!

Awesome stuff! The cdlc looks thick and full. It’s gonna be some good smoke!

Awesome stuff! The cdlc looks thick and full. It’s gonna be some good smoke!
Hey @FullAuto245 , got the name wrong on the previous post! Thanks man! She is just completing the second week of flower. Still time for stretching, based on your plants?

The Verdict is in! See review below. First here is a reminder of both plants.

Fast Buds Gorilla Glue was harvested at Day 77, and gave almost exactly 2 ounces of dried buds.

Harvest, 43, 10 - 1.jpg

Cured pics - 1.jpg

AutoSeeds Gorilla Glue was harvested at Day 70, and yielded just over 2 ounces.

Day 70 pre harvest - 1.jpg

Cured pics - 2.jpg

AutoSeeds Gorilla Glue vs. FastBuds Gorilla Glue

Autoseeds Gorilla GlueFastBuds Gorilla Glue
Ease of Grow109
Yield76
Bud Density810
Taste910
Effect109
Overall4444

Ease of Grow

Autoseeds – 10

FastBuds – 9

The truth is that they were both very easy to grow. I scored FB a 9 simply because she took an extra week, 77 days to 71 days. Neither plant gave me a single issue throughout the grow, and handled the lights and soil like champs.

Yield

Autoseeds – 7

FastBuds – 6

The dry weight of AS and FB were 63 grams, and 58 grams, respectively. Neither were super yielders. Now, I am sure since this was my first living soil grow, there are things I could have done better to maximize growth and yield. After growing in DWC, I was spoiled by averaging 5 ounces per plant. I will figure out how to get bigger plants in my 3 gallon pots. I am overall content with the yield, all things considered. You will see why in a bit.

Bud Density

Autoseeds – 8

FastBuds – 10

The FB plant has the densest buds that I have grown in a while. The plant looked a lot smaller than the Autoseeds, with about half the colas. However, when troimmed and dried, it was clear that the buds were heavier. The Autoseeds density was great, too. However, head to head, FB wins this one.

Taste

Autoseeds – 9

FastBuds – 10

The buds from both plants were surprisingly similar tasting. Citrus, pine, and skunky undertones. I give the edge to FB because of a little bit more complexity from the fuel taste. Both plants were smooth on the inhale and exhale. No coughing, and the taste lingered for a moment after the exhale. Very pleasureable/

Effects

Autoseeds – 10

FastBuds – 9

A friend who enjoys weed as much as I do said that AS was the best high he has had in a while. A nice immediate rush of happiness and relaxation. Laughter came easily, and the overall feeling of well being lasted for a few hours. This is a great all day strain, but it wont keep you from sleeping iof you smoke at night.

FastBuds produced a wonderfully effective strain here. Very relaxing, but still makes you smile. There is a bit more of an indica effect here, as if you smoke too much, you are gonna be locked down. Really great evening strain, watching movies, or just chilling, and will help with sleep also.

Overall

Autoseeds – 44

FastBuds – 44

So, we have a tie. Both plants receiving 44 points out of 50. Bottom line is these are two grea representatives of the original GG#4. Great quick growing plants, that though they didn’t produce more than 2 ounces a piece, they both are top shelf weed. AS is more balanced, and can be enjoyed from morning to evening. FB, is a heavier hitter, and best enjoyed when not planning on being too active.

I will definitely grow both again, hoping for four ounces per next time.

Back