Indoor Oscorp Industries - Living Organics with Green Goblin

Almost 40mins later...You don't have to do it this long.

IMG_20180708_180022.jpg

Removed a few fan leaves here and there,watered and supported any sagging branches with rubber garden wire..

So the only thing different I did than what I stated yesterday was add in 1/2 teaspoon of the Myco chum which is kelp extract,fish hydrolysate,potassium,molasses & humic acid..Also instead of 1/2 the gallon rice wash, I filled up my gallon pitcher that I use to water the plants with 3/4 my regular filtered water and 1/4 rice wash.

PER GALLON:

1/4 rice wash
1/2 teaspoon Myco Chum
2 teaspoons Big Bloom
1/2 teaspoon Recharge
7 drops of Castile soap

I mean with about 10 more days left, I'm just playing with it and seeing how different combinations work..There is so many things you could do but this is what I did..This time at least.Oh and with this style of growing, you really don't NEED a pH pen..Old habits just die hard and I like to be on top of things just in case.

IMG_20180708_232030.jpg

Lower popcorn that got snipped off,trimmed finely with some Fiskars,laid out on a paper towel on a paper plate and put in a drawer for a few hours until crisp..Burns super smooth,strong buzz,resinous and I haven't even harvested yet...The smell that fills the air in this room between what's growing and what's burning should be put in a little tree to hang off your rear view mirror.

IMG_20180709_043716.jpg
IMG_20180709_043753.jpg
IMG_20180709_043450.jpg

Question for you if you don't mind bro. What are your feelings on springtails, their appearance on grows and their benefit or burden?

I like what you do. I have been thinking about going this route and get away from the chemicals.

Overwatering will bring them out as they like moist conditions and do not favor dry soil..They do no harm to established plants and can actually be beneficial..Here's some info I posted in another thread.
Springtails a Beneficial Arthropod

“I Have a Springtail Infestation” When I am through with a grow and replacing the BioChar and substrates in the container to grow another plant, I always keep an eye out for what I can see. I look for differences in root growth and infestations of arthropods. If things were done correctly, I always find Springtails, a beneficial arthropod, dominating the area in the bottom half of the container in the BC. I find 100’s of thousands of the little white critters springing, walking and bouncing around, wondering who turned the lights on. But not to worry about this particular infestation. Springtails love moisture. They live out all their lives in the depths of the container, stimulating growth of your plants. Unless you are an organic soil technician, you probably don’t understand how substrates and soils work in the real world. Soil arthropods, soil microbes and roots work together as a combined system. Stimulating Mycorrhizae & Controlling Pathogens The subterranean environment is a web of organisms ranging from beneficial to pathogenic. The interactions among these organisms are very important for plant growth and health. Folsomia candida in the Biochar is feeding on fungal hyphae of mycorrhizae controlling fungal diseases. (Lubbock,1973). Grazing of mycorrhizae living on the roots of the plant can stimulate growth of the fungus which in turn, improves plant growth. Also, selective grazing by springtails is an important factor limiting the distribution of certain species of pathogenic fungi as well. They contribute to controlling plant fungal diseases through their active consumption of mycelia and spores of damping-off and pathogenic fungi. (Maria Agnese Sabatini & Gloria Innocenti (2001), Hiroyoshi Shiraishi, Yoshinari Enami & Seigo Okano (2003)) This effect is density-dependent. There should be a healthy population in the bottom biochar. Most plants are slow in taking up phosphorus and other substances from the soil unless it has mycorrhizae on its roots. Mycorrhizae, literally meaning fungus roots, are thread like fungal bodies that interact with plant roots. The healthy growth of a plant can depend on the population of springtails living in the soil. Springtails live by eating the tips of the mycorrhizae. This stimulates the mycorrhizae to grow, dissolve more nutrients in the soil around it, and in turn, feed it to the plant

This was my experience. I have had them on every grow I have had in the indoor tent with my Autopots and I never see any ill effects at all. I grow in coco/hydroton 60/40 combo, but I buffer the coco with cal-mag plus to help with those that issue, and I grow under led, so it is key. Trying to get to organic growing though. Just a little intimidated I guess. But the med cabinet is full and I can afford to screw it up a little, so I a man thinking the next grow might be when I try a switch.

This was my experience. I have had them on every grow I have had in the indoor tent with my Autopots and I never see any ill effects at all. I grow in coco/hydroton 60/40 combo, but I buffer the coco with cal-mag plus to help with those that issue, and I grow under led, so it is key. Trying to get to organic growing though. Just a little intimidated I guess. But the med cabinet is full and I can afford to screw it up a little, so I a man thinking the next grow might be when I try a switch.

It's all show no go man..What I mean by that is it is easier than it looks..A solid,balanced mix full of life,maybe a top dressing in bloom or some teas or a good organic P-K additive and you're set..As long as you have good water and your soil is built well and can buffer itself, the soil will do the work.

I understand when you mean all show and no go. Friends ask me all the time how I grow such great bud and big plants, and I am like,...I just grow the shit man. I have been doing it for years. Are them some things to watch for, welll sure, but basically anyone can do it if you have discipline to take care of the things that need taking care of.

Organic growing is definitely on the horizon for me...I can see the light now:stir::chef::baked:

Back