Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few peeks at my last grow, where we'd hit 115 degrees during the day in the flower rooms with high humidity, then drop down to about 60 degrees at night. The guy running veg never sprayed his plants, so all of our moms had spider mites. We'd systematically see PM set in by week 2 of flower, regardless of cultivar. Shit show.

20210608_082344.jpg

20210608_082400.jpg

20210522_081016.jpg

20210522_073710.jpg

20210514_114644.jpg

A few peeks at my last grow, where we'd hit 115 degrees during the day in the flower rooms with high humidity, then drop down to about 60 degrees at night. The guy running veg never sprayed his plants, so all of our moms had spider mites. We'd systematically see PM set in by week 2 of flower, regardless of cultivar. Shit show.

View attachment 1400473
View attachment 1400474
View attachment 1400475
View attachment 1400476
View attachment 1400477
From the way you describe the commercial system I wouldn't be surprised if they still tried to sell it.

Another frigid Friday brought to you by Old Man Winter. Again thank goodness for the mild UV index it saved the day...

View attachment 1400471
Weather reports like that make me feel like a dick for contemplating weather or not to put on a sweat shirt for my morning walk since it’s only 60 out :haha:

From the way you describe the commercial system I wouldn't be surprised if they still tried to sell it.

Oh it's 100% sold. Not even a question.

Powdery mildew isn't tested for on microbial testing in Colorado (honestly not sure if ANY state tests for it,) because it doesn't culture on the agar substrate in the labs like other molds do (PM is considered to be an obligate parasite, which means that it can't complete it's full life cycle without a host.)

But because of this, it's a deliberate oversight for pretty much all grows out here. So what they do is trim/shape out the buds with a trim shears (which makes it look less like something is wrong,) or they produce pre-rolls, which allows them to grind up the flower first so that consumers can't see that it's moldy.

But there is nothing restricting this from being sold, other than consumers at the retail level that "maybe know what to look for" being able to spot PM or smell it (but at that point, it's already on the shelf.) But most people have no clue what it looks/smells like in my personal experience.

Even moldy cannabis is still sellable weed. The expression "send it to blast" is meant "if it's shitty ass garbage, let's turn it into concentrates."

There's a company called Willow Industries that remediates moldy cannabis as their business. They use ozone to blast the buds in trays in these huge boxes that look like an oven. There's another company here that uses peroxide in a vacuum to clean buds.

Moldy bologna? Just scrape that shit off and make a sandwich!

All your distillates, your shatters, your waxes, etc etc, are QUITE LIKELY made from some of the most garbage material you've ever seen. And for those that think those solvents are killing everything in there; I've seen concentrates posted by budtenders here in Colorado having molded out (under certain conditions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back