Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
2fer tuezday dose of vitamin E...:headbang: Happee Solstice kidz! :joy: ppp

efd4971c9cf511266be6aace4c8b8013--spring-meme-first-day-of-spring.jpg

My nightly cuppa goodness!!!! :coffee:
View attachment 1399489
Can’t tell if my writing says 26.5 or 28.5mg/ml and I added a full tablespoon into my hot cocoa! Either way it’s gonna be super potent!!!:rofl:
:vibe:
Hmmm. How did that go? Looks a bit stiff to me at potentially >350mg. I would be comatose. :biggrin:

First time I Whitied hubby out ...I put the amount needed in two cookies that was meant for 12........... :crying: ..DIL gave me the recipe......I Thought she meant Per Cookie...

Hubby ate them both.........I Thought I'd killed him.........:crying:
Bet he didn't make that mistake again. :biggrin:

You'd be surprised what you can do with GIMP. And there are a lot of plugins and tutorials online. I'm surprised Adobe hasn't tried to buy or destroy GIMP. And now you get the privilege of paying Adobe a subscription fee to use their products.........
All the heavyweights are trying to go with subscription. Which is why I left them all behind years ago. There is zero reason nowadays for most of us to put up with that nonsense, there are good options for most needs without playing that game.

I like Gimp a lot, but have not downloaded the latest version yet.

Happy growing and gimping peeps. :biggrin:

Hey @WildBill i def read the instructions! ;) :d5:
6C1C0A13-04EC-4B34-BA88-6492FA22766C.jpeg

Happy growing and gimping peeps. :biggrin:

Just don't fart when you are suited up........ :eyebrows:.......

1640117384338.png

Brussle sprouts are a No no...........:headbang:....

Don't blame the Texas power grid's problems on anyone or anything other than the fact the their grid is owned and run independent of the rest of the country by greedy fools who don't care about their customers, only their profits. And is controlled by the same people who control Texas oil. Greedy, self serving oligarchs, who's first response to that disaster was to RAISE PRICES and blame the people!

And whether you/we like it or not, we must find a way to transition from oil. I'm sitting here on the border to Canada in December, experiencing temperatures in the 40's and 50's until this week. We should have a foot of snow on the ground by now, the lakes should be frozen. Nether have happened. And I see every year it is getting warmer without a doubt. I grew up in norther NY. I remember temperatures of -35 below 0 F. Weeks of it! Not any more. I don't think it hit 0 last winter. 10 day forecast is for temperatures in the low to mid 30's F. NOT normal! So you tell me how we fix this. I too thought Natural gas was a viable choice. But it's main byproduct of combustion is CO2, so it solves nothing. So yeah, let's build more pipelines that break and leak and poison the earth, you know, like the one they told the Native Americans that it wouldn't leak into their lake..... and did within a year! Sorry, your solution is no solution.

But hey! We all know what's coming. New! Improved nukes! Ohhh yes, there is a big push on right now. claims of "clean energy" being bandied about. Well, just how clean are they? What will we do with the waste they produce? What about the THOUSANDS of tons of waste currently sitting in decaying temporary containers while nothing is being done to create a long term solution? Do you know the half-life of that waste? 10's of thousands of years. Lets say one form has half life of 5 thousand years that means that in 5000 years, 1/2 of the radioactive energy is spent. And 1/2 of what's left will be spent in another 5000 years, and so on until it's no longer dangerous. Some have a half life of 230,000 years...... And it's all sitting above ground in laughable man made containment.

Fusion power is still 20-40 years into the future before ONE fully functional power plant is built. And you think "green"energy is expensive? Wait till we get the bill for fusion! Ohh without a doubt it should be cheaper to produce, but do you really believe for even one second that will translate to affordable energy for us? If you do, i got s perpetual motion machine I'll sell ya cheap!

There are options for energy. Not the best there could be without a doubt. But what is also without doubt is that oil and gas emissions are destroying our ecology. Yes, green energy is going to be costly and a lot of that is because the same people who own oil and gas, own the largest renewable energy companies, you know, they same one's with there puppets in congress defending oil and gas........ which helps keep things like solar etc expensive. A win win for those deep pockets!
And I'm at the mercy of those companies as well as you are. I'm paying almost double to heat my home this winter compared to last.

And if you think "the other political party" has any answers, your dead wrong! They will suck on the oil tit until it runs completely dry before they relent, so don't you believe for one minute that they have any good answers!
The newest generations of nuclear power pretty much deal with the problems of safety and waste products. You seem to be interested in this, have you read "Storms of My Grandchildren by Dr. James Hansen? He does decent job of clarifying the nuclear option. The way I read the current mess, we are pretty much where he predicted in about 1980 that we would be absent major changes in business as usual. So far, what has been accomplished appears to be far too little, and maybe too late.

Bottom line IMO is that if the world does not get off conventional coal generation (coal generation with carbon recovery would be tolerable) as soon as bloody possible (no sign of that, the opposite actually), eliminate all direct and indirect subsidies for all fossil fuels asap, force major changes in energy efficiency, implement major incentives for development and implementation of carbon free energy, and get on with installation of modern tech nuclear, future generations are going to find themselves in serious trouble.

So far, I would say that there is little evidence that these tasks have much chance of needed global implementation, or of long term support by voters in so called western democracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back