Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to play with some pics, so I go back to something I've used in the past with good results.
I used Gimp in the past and it was a little bit of a learning curve, but not too bad. The new Gimp I dl yesterday seems to be much improved, but it seems like the learning curve blew up! They changed up everything also. NOTHING is where it was or how it worked!:rofl::wall:
Jesus, I haven't used gimp since I was a sophomore in high school :rofl: making graphics for online text based horse role-playing games :rofl: :rofl: thats a thought that hasn't crossed my mind in quite a while lmfao

I use my mom's recipe for it. It's more of an "old style" recipe that she got from her mom, And who knows where it came from before that.
... Which is like most of her recipes. Damned things tell you what you need, but only say how much you need HALF OF THE TIME.
What I love doing is making a full batch of pb fudge, and a half batch of chocolate made with dark chocolate, and layering it like a Reece's cup. Yeah, One tiny piece has enough sugar in it to send most people into diabetic shock, But by the gods its totally worth it.
I used to make this as edibles lol

Put a net up to space everything out a bit better
20211221_174957.jpg

Don't blame the Texas power grid's problems on anyone or anything other than the fact the their grid is owned and run independent of the rest of the country by greedy fools who don't care about their customers, only their profits. And is controlled by the same people who control Texas oil. Greedy, self serving oligarchs, who's first response to that disaster was to RAISE PRICES and blame the people!

And whether you/we like it or not, we must find a way to transition from oil. I'm sitting here on the border to Canada in December, experiencing temperatures in the 40's and 50's until this week. We should have a foot of snow on the ground by now, the lakes should be frozen. Nether have happened. And I see every year it is getting warmer without a doubt. I grew up in norther NY. I remember temperatures of -35 below 0 F. Weeks of it! Not any more. I don't think it hit 0 last winter. 10 day forecast is for temperatures in the low to mid 30's F. NOT normal! So you tell me how we fix this. I too thought Natural gas was a viable choice. But it's main byproduct of combustion is CO2, so it solves nothing. So yeah, let's build more pipelines that break and leak and poison the earth, you know, like the one they told the Native Americans that it wouldn't leak into their lake..... and did within a year! Sorry, your solution is no solution.

But hey! We all know what's coming. New! Improved nukes! Ohhh yes, there is a big push on right now. claims of "clean energy" being bandied about. Well, just how clean are they? What will we do with the waste they produce? What about the THOUSANDS of tons of waste currently sitting in decaying temporary containers while nothing is being done to create a long term solution? Do you know the half-life of that waste? 10's of thousands of years. Lets say one form has half life of 5 thousand years that means that in 5000 years, 1/2 of the radioactive energy is spent. And 1/2 of what's left will be spent in another 5000 years, and so on until it's no longer dangerous. Some have a half life of 230,000 years...... And it's all sitting above ground in laughable man made containment.

Fusion power is still 20-40 years into the future before ONE fully functional power plant is built. And you think "green"energy is expensive? Wait till we get the bill for fusion! Ohh without a doubt it should be cheaper to produce, but do you really believe for even one second that will translate to affordable energy for us? If you do, i got s perpetual motion machine I'll sell ya cheap!

There are options for energy. Not the best there could be without a doubt. But what is also without doubt is that oil and gas emissions are destroying our ecology. Yes, green energy is going to be costly and a lot of that is because the same people who own oil and gas, own the largest renewable energy companies, you know, they same one's with there puppets in congress defending oil and gas........ which helps keep things like solar etc expensive. A win win for those deep pockets!
And I'm at the mercy of those companies as well as you are. I'm paying almost double to heat my home this winter compared to last.

And if you think "the other political party" has any answers, your dead wrong! They will suck on the oil tit until it runs completely dry before they relent, so don't you believe for one minute that they have any good answers!

JESUS!!!!!!!!!
I think food prices are going to blow up!...........IF it gets to the store shelves Fertilizer prices have skyrocketed. Most people don't know that commercial fertilizers are petroleum based and it's tied to the price of oil. Just heard it's over $1000 dollars a ton.

I guess it wasn't too smart in shutting down a pipeline on day one and several others later, along with any new leases on Fed land.

Hey Sleepy Joe! This is NOT the way to move to 'Green energy'! Where is the power gonna come from to charge those electric cars you want people to use?
Why can't the morons in charge grasp a very simple concept. Petroleum is going to be here and the main producer of electricity until we develop and master fusion. It's much closer and not really that far off in the big scope of things.
Wanting to increase the load on the electrical grid, making it near impossible to build new generating new power plants, restricting the fuel supplies to the existing power plants, and trying to replace conventional power sources with unreliable 'green' power, is NOT a plan to move away from petroleum.
Keep up this stupidity and we will see what happened in Texas this past winter happen all over the nation and people WILL die. I'd like to think this is just pure stupidity to subject the people to this crap. Why would someone intentionally subject to this crap that here and if this continues. the pure sh*t storm that WILL come from it in too many different forms?

I really hate this 'doomsday' outlook, but it's only logical. You can't increase electric grid demand without increasing power generation. You just can't force/mandate technology to the mainstream before it's ready! Battery tech is almost there, but current tech is using lithium. The impact of mining, refining and making the batteries has a quite negative impact on the environment. Solar only works when there's sun shining. Wind power is good, but weather can shut them down.

Why not remove all the stupid restrictions the current bunch of dummies enacted since taking control. Get the country back to energy independence that will lower energy prices. Build new NATURAL GAS power plant for the increased power loads. Continue and EXPAND the funding to CLEAN fusion power.

YES! We do need cleaner power. I'm all for it! For America, the current viable option is natural gas. We have a HUGE supply of it! Use that huge supply until fusion becomes viable. There really is no other viable method to move in that direction without a huge impact, economic and otherwise, on the population. The most impacted with the current path the current administration seems to be going, is poor people and people on fixed income.! They are the ones least able to afford those increases!!! Spend the money from trying to FORCE technology into reality and allocate it to fusion research.

This god damn cart before the cart crap has to stop! There's only two reasons for the current path the current administration is taking. It's stupidity and control of the population. The only question which is it or is it both?

I love my land! I'm its steward of its The current route care. Every property I've ever owned is improved from my ownership. We all are stewards of this Earth and we all must do our part to take care of it. We can do this and maintain our current standard of living and eventually vastly improve it! This current path they are taking us is not the route to go and NOT doing harm to the people they claim they want to help.

I've tried to be plain and matter of fact in this post. It's intended to be as factual as possible without being contriversial or derogatory, but if you do stupid crap, you're gonna own it with me. I always own up to my own stupidity! LOL!

That report I heard just hit me hard on fertilizer insane price increase! That's really bad news with a huge impact sometime next year.

Can staff clear up or communicate with MarsHydro about what I bring up in this post?
It's the reason I'm looking into Gimp to manipulate pics of my girls, since I really don't have any Christmas stuff available, not digging thru Mom's stuff in the shop for a couple trinkets. No idea where to start! LOL!

@WildBill ...you posted it less than an Hour ago...give Mars a chance to answer....Staff are on Christmas Holiday... :pass: ..

Yes @Mossy lol
Well class finished today for me so I'm burning some AK47 before finally decking the halls :lol: tbh xmas spirit is lacking in netherlands right now, under lockdown and it's about cold as shit :haha: enjoy what you're smoking and doing today keep it real :smokeout::smokeit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back