Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canna butter bars! I put 10g of the Twenty20 Mendocino Purplebiscauto flower into the Ardent, ran the decarb cycle. Then added 4oz/114g of butter and ran the infuse cycle. A quick hot bath to re-liquify and then gently pressed & poured from the French Press coffee maker.

I just weighed them and ended up with 66g of cannabutter.

P1040109.JPG

Experts please correct me if i'm wrong anywhere in here. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and trying all the online calculators etc.... I'm still not sure how much loss there is in the material left behind, did I get alllll of the calculated mg of THC into the butter I was able to extract, and so on. Just curious if anyone has experience and could say with more accuracy. I know I need to invest in a lab meter machine thing to test potency.
So...

I'm guessing at flower strength being around 18%? So 1g of flower is 180mg THC - 10g = 1800mg THC at 80% infusion rate is 1440mg THC max. So 1440/66 = 21.8mg THC per gram of butter?

Or is that just completely wrong? I'm sure the test patient will be advising over the next couple days. I did ask for careful measurements by weight and if she felt anything or not. We are going with a rough 20mg/g as a start point.

EDIT: @Twenty20 Adam - Do you happen to have a rough idea of how potent the Purple Biscauto is?

Canna butter bars! I put 10g of the Twenty20 Mendocino Purplebiscauto flower into the Ardent, ran the decarb cycle. Then added 4oz/114g of butter and ran the infuse cycle. A quick hot bath to re-liquify and then gently pressed & poured from the French Press coffee maker.

View attachment 1399455

Experts please correct me if i'm wrong anywhere in here. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and trying all the online calculators etc.... I'm still not sure how much loss there is in the material left behind, did I get alllll of the calculated mg of THC into the butter I was able to extract, and so on. Just curious if anyone has experience and could say with more accuracy. I know I need to invest in a lab meter machine thing to test potency.
So...

I'm guessing at flower strength being around 18%? So 1g of flower is 180mg THC - 10g = 1800mg THC at 80% infusion rate is 1440mg THC max. So 1440/66 = 21.8mg THC per gram of butter?

Or is that just completely wrong? I'm sure the test patient will be advising over the next couple days. I did ask for careful measurements by weight and if she felt anything or not. We are going with a rough 20mg/g as a start point.

EDIT: @Twenty20 Adam - Do you happen to have a rough idea of how potent the Purple Biscauto is?

your math looks good to me :thumbsup: butz i'm stoned :smoking:

I like yr math, but I approached it from the other end. So if you have 1440mg divided into 6 bars, that's 240 mg in each bar... If there's 12 pats of butter in each bar, and you put 2 pats on yr bagel... forgot what i was talking about

My nightly cuppa goodness!!!! :coffee:
8023E1A8-856E-4B5F-8BBC-52C5FA33CE2E.jpeg

Can’t tell if my writing says 26.5 or 28.5mg/ml and I added a full tablespoon into my hot cocoa! Either way it’s gonna be super potent!!!:rofl:
:vibe:

View attachment 1399455

So...

I went through all of this years ago. Your math is correct but your formula is not. You are not allowing for the inefficiencies of butter/oil extraction. The only way to know what you have is to send it to a lab. That said the big boys do these tests all of the time and they say 30% of what you started with in butter. It is all just a guess.

Just eat a small measured amount and see how you feel. The human body test lab. Take notes :dizzy:if you can.

This is the whole reason I started pressing rosin. Rosin averages 70% actives or 700mg per gram. I made chocolate with it and sent it to the lab and it verified close enough to do steady dosing. 2g rosin in 25 pieces of chocolate came back at ~ 1300mg of actives in the chocolate bar.

cbdmed.jpg

I went through all of this years ago. Your math is correct but your formula is not. You are not allowing for the inefficiencies of butter/oil extraction. The only way to know what you have is to send it to a lab. That said the big boys do these tests all of the time and they say 30% of what you started with in butter. It is all just a guess.

Just eat a small measured amount and see how you feel. The human body test lab. Take notes :dizzy:if you can.

This is the whole reason I started pressing rosin. Rosin averages 70% actives or 700mg per gram. I made chocolate with it and sent it to the lab and it verified close enough to do steady dosing. 2g rosin in 25 pieces of chocolate came back at ~ 1300mg of actives in the chocolate bar.

View attachment 1399500
Thanks! I was about to look up your reply with this info.
I told my friend this info and all I could hear is "But dude! It's rosin!!"
"So you tell me how I'm gonna make reasonably accurate dosing for your edibles?"

That sample had a fair amount of Delta 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back