Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your loupe tech, but I have found the same with super macro photos that do not miss the amber. Some strains just do not amber up until really late if ever. Been there, but did not wait for 124 days before calling it.

FWIW, I found using a loupe really difficult and frustrating. Distinguishing calyx trichs from the others was pretty much impossible for me due to the difficulty of holding the needed magnification steady enough. With a detailed macro photo, I can review every bloody trich in the photo if I choose to, at my leisure, with zero problems with steadiness of the image.

If you have the bucks, I definitely recommend looking at either some sort of macro setup, or one of those wifi microscopes, including in either case a way to hold them still while imaging live plants in the tent. I tried everything other than the wifi microscope before going with macro gear, and nothing worked anywhere near as well as a high magnification image that you can review afterword on your computer or phone.

Good luck with it mate. :pighug:
I’ve solved that prob with a wifi microscope! :d5:

Good Morfnoevight All! EO. Got over an inch of rain since yesterday at this time :woohoo:.

I am feeling kinda puny today. I ate something that set my digestive system off but I am not sure what. Maybe there was some cayenne pepper in the Italian sausage?

I could not get good trichome pictures or reach the back plants until I made a boom for the usb microscope. I have to turn off all of the fans and even hold my breath to get a rock solid picture but it works.

View attachment 1397254
I use this! ;)
image.jpg

I made a change to my tent's environment that I think will be helpful.
I took 4in dryer hose and made like a loop seal. Lung room air is taken in from mid level beside the tent, ran thru the front lower left 10in hole and ran up to the same height as outside about mid tent.
This should give more of a mix to the cooler incoming air. It also will cut out the light that could have got into the tent during off light cycle with the 8in vent hose less light obstructed material. I have plans of growing my first photos the incoming yeah.
Crude, but should do the trick. I think the air in the tent will be more stable. better mixed and good with no light intrusion.

Thoughts?
View attachment 1397250View attachment 1397251
I think good idea. I did something similar with a baffle that directs incoming air vertically up the corner of the growdrobe. Same idea, prevent incoming air from getting at the plants until it is mixed. :biggrin: I only do autos so far, so light doesn't matter to me. For photos, I might have to clean up a few details, including dealing with light intrusion. OTOH, since I only do indoors in winter, I can get 12 hours of dark with no problem leaks or not. :biggrin::pighug:

OMG I only have ONE rule - Just ONE rule in the Holiday Musing and some stoners are still being disqualified :crying:.

What is an event without rules? CHAOS.

What is a stoner event with rules? CHAOS
Hey, if this stoner can read and limit to one post, it should be more or less doable. You would think. Or is "think" in present company an oxymoron? Sorry, couldn't help myself. :biggrin:

Haven't really gamed since the army gave over rights to AA, Sony killed Bullet run and Blacklight server maintenance was put on back burner. Seems Blacklight servers are getting much needed updates so gonna get back into it. Got a 144hz 27 inch LG monitor coming too cause it actually seems this laptop will run it through the thunderbolt 3/usb c port with a thunderbolt to DP cable, so I'm gonna try it. Gotta be better than watching stupid YT videos. Wonder if my old gaming keyboard is up to snuff anymore. Won it in an AA online tourny with my old clan. Might have to get a keyboard too, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back