Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m more interested in the frozen rabbit in the foreground! :rofl:
Lol...that driftwood "decoration" sneeks in to a lot of shots. Doesn't usually look like a rabbit though. I had to go back and look at the pic to see what you were talking about:rofl:

The Confession: So, I signed up for the Seedstockers Solo Cup Challenge. Going in I had never grown in coco, nor tried a solo cup. I was very nervous as I still haven't really had a great succesful grow start to finish. I started a solo cup and just picked a seed out of the labeled but unorganized box I have. I packed it with coco and just gave it a shot in the dark as a test run. I felt like I needed a preview of what to expect, issues, etc. I fully thought I would kill the plant in short order and bunge up the solo grow contest....... however.....

I really feel bad I had said I hadn't grown in coco before. I feel like a bit of a liar but only because... Holy schnikes.... It's gone very well. Not perfect but so good I felt I had to show what has happened as the breeder is a good forum friend. Unbeliveable.

So.... @Mañ'O'Green , thanks for the reps and interest in what I might reveal

@Jean-O - This is Jean O's Genetics Straw Dog in a solo cup of coco coir from a guy with 0 coco experience who can't grow a nice plant in a 3 gallon airpot of bagged soil.

Pics: Day 57 - start of week 9.

Yes, I burned the heck out of some of the leaves but really, only on the day I forgot to water! Yikes! But I digress, 0 coco experience. No idea how strong to go. CalMag? More? Less? What the heck am I doing here.....

P1040081.JPG

The middle is solid cola/bud from cup to tip!

P1040082.JPG

How the heck did this happen?

P1040085.JPG

P1040086.JPG

P1040087.JPG

So sorry I kind of cheated and ran a coco solo a few weeks ahead. I was really wanting to pull off a good grow and figured I needed some practice first. Had this gone poorly, as usual, I wouldn't have said anything. I just feel like this is too nice a plant not to give Jean-O his credit. Maybe I've just jinxed myself but shoot, I think Straw Dog is a frickin' winner!

The Confession: So, I signed up for the Seedstockers Solo Cup Challenge. Going in I had never grown in coco, nor tried a solo cup. I was very nervous as I still haven't really had a great succesful grow start to finish. I started a solo cup and just picked a seed out of the labeled but unorganized box I have. I packed it with coco and just gave it a shot in the dark as a test run. I felt like I needed a preview of what to expect, issues, etc. I fully thought I would kill the plant in short order and bunge up the solo grow contest....... however.....

I really feel bad I had said I hadn't grown in coco before. I feel like a bit of a liar but only because... Holy schnikes.... It's gone very well. Not perfect but so good I felt I had to show what has happened as the breeder is a good forum friend. Unbeliveable.

So.... @Mañ'O'Green , thanks for the reps and interest in what I might reveal

@Jean-O - This is Jean O's Genetics Straw Dog in a solo cup of coco coir from a guy with 0 coco experience who can't grow a nice plant in a 3 gallon airpot of bagged soil.

Pics: Day 57 - start of week 9.

Yes, I burned the heck out of some of the leaves but really, only on the day I forgot to water! Yikes! But I digress, 0 coco experience. No idea how strong to go. CalMag? More? Less? What the heck am I doing here.....

View attachment 1397381

The middle is solid cola/bud from cup to tip!

View attachment 1397389

How the heck did this happen?

View attachment 1397392

View attachment 1397393

View attachment 1397395

So sorry I kind of cheated and ran a coco solo a few weeks ahead. I was really wanting to pull off a good grow and figured I needed some practice first. Had this gone poorly, as usual, I wouldn't have said anything. I just feel like this is too nice a plant not to give Jean-O his credit. Maybe I've just jinxed myself but shoot, I think Straw Dog is a frickin' winner!
Uhhhhhh I’m having trouble taking my eye off that giant cluster of cords and power strips in the corner! By chance are u related to Clark Griswald?? :rofl:
1639542079066.gif

Hahaha yeah! All the connections happen in that one corner. In my efforts to remain as quiet and concealed as possible I put everything inside the tent so there would only be one small flat cord running out of it. New grower paranoia, but it's paid off as undetectable so far.

Hahaha yeah! All the connections happen in that one corner. In my efforts to remain as quiet and concealed as possible I put everything inside the tent so there would only be one small flat cord running out of it. New grower paranoia, but it's paid off as undetectable so far.
Glad I don't have to worry about that. I have everything outside my tent. The only non-sealed electrical connection in the tent are the two UV lights, with the plug in on the end of the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back