Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st plants nobody told me sometimes autos don’t amber like others and waited 124 days on couple fastbuds to change before I finally just chopped it! :doh: :rofl:

Could also be I’m 1/2 blind and suck at using a loupe!:shrug:
The problem may be your loupe tech, but I find that macro photos do not miss the amber. Some strains just do not amber up until really late if ever. Been there, but did not wait for 124 days before calling it.

FWIW, I found using a loupe really difficult and frustrating. Distinguishing calyx trichs from the others was pretty much impossible for me due to the difficulty of holding the needed magnification steady enough. With a detailed macro photo, I can review every bloody trich in the photo if I choose to, at my leisure, with zero problems with steadiness of the image.

If you have the bucks, I definitely recommend looking at either some sort of macro setup, or one of those wifi microscopes, including in either case a way to hold them still while imaging live plants in the tent. I tried everything other than the wifi microscope before going with macro gear, and nothing worked anywhere near as well as a high magnification image that you can review afterword on your computer or phone.

Good luck with it mate. :pighug:

Last edited:
Maybe your loupe tech, but I have found the same with super macro photos that do not miss the amber. Some strains just do not amber up until really late if ever. Been there, but did not wait for 124 days before calling it.

FWIW, I found using a loupe really difficult and frustrating. Distinguishing calyx trichs from the others was pretty much impossible for me due to the difficulty of holding the needed magnification steady enough. With a detailed macro photo, I can review every bloody trich in the photo if I choose to, at my leisure, with zero problems with steadiness of the image.

If you have the bucks, I definitely recommend looking at either some sort of macro setup, or one of those wifi microscopes, including in either case a way to hold them still while imaging live plants in the tent. I tried everything other than the wifi microscope before going with macro gear, and nothing worked anywhere near as well as a high magnification image that you can review afterword on your computer or phone.

Good luck with it mate. :pighug:
He's got a scope with a mic stand to hold it.I just need to break down a get the stand. It helps with the frustration for a steady shot

I made a change to my tent's environment that I think will be helpful.
I took 4in dryer hose and made like a loop seal. Lung room air is taken in from mid level beside the tent, ran thru the front lower left 10in hole and ran up to the same height as outside about mid tent.
This should give more of a mix to the cooler incoming air. It also will cut out the light that could have got into the tent during off light cycle with the 8in vent hose less light obstructed material. I have plans of growing my first photos the incoming yeah.
Crude, but should do the trick. I think the air in the tent will be more stable. better mixed and good with no light intrusion.

Thoughts?
IMG_20211214_133541721_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211214_133605845_HDR.jpg

Good Morfnoevight All! EO. Got over an inch of rain since yesterday at this time :woohoo:.

I am feeling kinda puny today. I ate something that set my digestive system off but I am not sure what. Maybe there was some cayenne pepper in the Italian sausage?

He's got a scope with a mic stand to hold it.I just need to break down a get the stand. It helps with the frustration for a steady shot

I could not get good trichome pictures or reach the back plants until I made a boom for the usb microscope. I have to turn off all of the fans and even hold my breath to get a rock solid picture but it works.

_DSC4252.JPG

Olderfart

Another creative way to deal with the big frustrating issue of image movement. IMO, an underestimated problem no matter what optical tool is used. High magnification without a steady support is a bad combination.
I made a change to my tent's environment that I think will be helpful.
I took 4in dryer hose and made like a loop seal. Lung room air is taken in from mid level beside the tent, ran thru the front lower left 10in hole and ran up to the same height as outside about mid tent.
This should give more of a mix to the cooler incoming air. It also will cut out the light that could have got into the tent during off light cycle with the 8in vent hose less light obstructed material. I have plans of growing my first photos the incoming yeah.
Crude, but should do the trick. I think the air in the tent will be more stable. better mixed and good with no light intrusion.

Thoughts?
View attachment 1397250View attachment 1397251
@WildBill I had to paint the inside of my "snorkel" at the bend with flat black paint to prevent light from getting in the tent when I used one.

I sat in the closed up tent for about 15 minutes to find the light leaks. There were a couple of seams and some pin holes but the snorkel was like a head lamp.

OMG I only have ONE rule - Just ONE rule in the Holiday Musing and some stoners are still being disqualified :crying:.

What is an event without rules? CHAOS.

What is a stoner event with rules? CHAOS

Well, I'm out having an early bird cocktail with an old friend! Nice to be back to some normalcy.

I have some pics to upload later. And maybe a confession........

What does she Smell of...?...

i nose blind with all that i smokig at moment and the said girls big sister ,,who is over powering the tent with ,,from afar dank wet dog but close up a blast of sour berry/fruits ,,smell reminds me of hubbabasmelascope,,,

i smoking ,remember special dragon from last run,, she fruity /diesel smell,
i completing a degree course daily :crying: who knew cut and pasting was so tiring:coffee2:

Yup....but no-one Listens.........:biggrin:...

When a Human drinks Bicarbonated water...it Washes the cells in C02..which in turn releases Oxygen into their system..more Energy.
Can't See why it wouldn't do the same to plants......?....:watering:...

Hmmmm wasnt what i was thinking of :smoking: ,,but you know me i will try anything :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back