Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
(My alarm goes off in 4 hours so I can get #3 up, ready, and out the door with dad to go to dance.)
Did you make it? Dance all sorted for all involved? What episode did you get to?

Yer gonna need that sativa all day now. :biggrin:

If at first you don't succeed... :pighug:
Speaking of that.
I had an early problem in this last grow when the temps when down here. Just too cool. I made it worse by watering too soon and got a soggy bottom. Just snowballin crap. Naturally it held them back and one is still struggling.
I think the Rain Science bags sorta act like a plastic pot on the bottom. I think on my next run, as an added bit of protection, I'm gonna fill the bottom of my tray with marbles. This is just an early on preventive measure. I just need to figure the Rain Science bags. I think this start, I anticipated the water use. The cool part was just the catalyst and it snowballed from there.

What do you guys think about that as only a preventive measure? I know the main thing is getting the watering down in these bags. I think I might have been ok, if I hadn't had the enviro issue.

On a positive note, the Meph freebie in the EarthBox is doing VERY well. She is hitting flower with a passion. She is funking up the tent and putting on frost. Ya sure can tell Sour Stomper was one of the parents. Very similar smell.....lovely smell.
All are getting compost tea as the liquid for my KNF amendments. I'll also add a small shot of Blue Gold Flower for an extra bit of a kick that the EB will most definitely need to stay ahead a bit.

HAPPY CATURDAY!

Speaking of that.
I had an early problem in this last grow when the temps when down here. Just too cool. I made it worse by watering too soon and got a soggy bottom. Just snowballin crap. Naturally it held them back and one is still struggling.
I think the Rain Science bags sorta act like a plastic pot on the bottom. I think on my next run, as an added bit of protection, I'm gonna fill the bottom of my tray with marbles. This is just an early on preventive measure. I just need to figure the Rain Science bags. I think this start, I anticipated the water use. The cool part was just the catalyst and it snowballed from there.

What do you guys think about that as only a preventive measure? I know the main thing is getting the watering down in these bags. I think I might have been ok, if I hadn't had the enviro issue.

On a positive note, the Meph freebie in the EarthBox is doing VERY well. She is hitting flower with a passion. She is funking up the tent and putting on frost. Ya sure can tell Sour Stomper was one of the parents. Very similar smell.....lovely smell.
All are getting compost tea as the liquid for my KNF amendments. I'll also add a small shot of Blue Gold Flower for an extra bit of a kick that the EB will most definitely need to stay ahead a bit.

HAPPY CATURDAY!
Hey @WildBill, happy Saturday.

I've never used the RainScience bags, just the normal fabric ones, so I can't give you anything specific.

However, it is my understanding that marbles in the bottom will not cure the issue, and may make it worse. The abrupt change in particle size tends to cause a barrier to water movement and a "perched" water table which leaves the bottom layer of the fine medium extra wet rather than better drained.

If I were you, I would just mix in some extra drainage material like perlite or vermiculite in the bottom inch or so of the medium in your pot, and elevate the pot on a support that allows unrestricted air circulation against the bottom surface of the pot. But as I said, this is from a noob that has not used your gear...

Good luck with it. :goodluck:

Hey @WildBill, happy Saturday.

I've never used the RainScience bags, just the normal fabric ones, so I can't give you anything specific.

However, it is my understanding that marbles in the bottom will not cure the issue, and may make it worse. The abrupt change in particle size tends to cause a barrier to water movement and a "perched" water table which leaves the bottom layer of the fine medium extra wet rather than better drained.

If I were you, I would just mix in some extra drainage material like perlite or vermiculite in the bottom inch or so of the medium in your pot, and elevate the pot on a support that allows unrestricted air circulation against the bottom surface of the pot. But as I said, this is from a noob that has not used your gear...

Good luck with it. :goodluck:
I'm not talking about marbles in the bag. They will be in the tray and I sit the bag on top.
Yeah, I don't agree with any kind of manual layering of any kind of material or media in the pot. The only kind of layering I want to see in a pot is from naturally occurring from a no-til grow.
Letting the bottom of the bag have a bit more exposure of air, is no different than what occurs on the sides of the pot as they dry.
Wouldn't ya think?

If at first you don't succeed... :pighug:
Hey, at least I got it figured out now. The first two were a learning experience, and I sure as hell learned a LOT in my first 8 years of adulthood. 4+ years later and I'm still confident I've gotten it right this time. Now hopefully we'll both live long enough to hit 35 years.

Sidenote, he went out with his coworkers last night as it was someone's last shift. New guy asked hubs of he knew how to roll (lmfao) and they ended up splitting a J. I trust him 100% and couldn't care less that there were ladies present, but for some reason I felt this inexplicable twinge of jealousy when he told me he'd smoked someone else's weed :rofl: he told me it was good, and that he wished he'd remembered what the guy said the strain was as it was a good sativa, but that it wasn't nearly as good as mine, which made me feel a bit better. Apparently the cute lesbian had started dipping into her birthday present and said that it was the best smoke she had had in a long time, so that made me feel pretty damn good.

Did you make it? Dance all sorted for all involved? What episode did you get to?

Yer gonna need that sativa all day now. :biggrin:
I fell asleep after posting. Dad and #3 made it out the door on time and I'm somehow still awake lol. Meds are on board, and I'm planning on packing another vape of the Lemon Drop so hubby can try it without already being high on a sativa once he gets home. Next week starts the madness of theater week, so today is her last regular rehearsal before they start with full run throughs and dress rehearsals.

Hey, at least I got it figured out now. The first two were a learning experience, and I sure as hell learned a LOT in my first 8 years of adulthood. 4+ years later and I'm still confident I've gotten it right this time. Now hopefully we'll both live long enough to hit 35 years.

Sidenote, he went out with his coworkers last night as it was someone's last shift. New guy asked hubs of he knew how to roll (lmfao) and they ended up splitting a J. I trust him 100% and couldn't care less that there were ladies present, but for some reason I felt this inexplicable twinge of jealousy when he told me he'd smoked someone else's weed :rofl: he told me it was good, and that he wished he'd remembered what the guy said the strain was as it was a good sativa, but that it wasn't nearly as good as mine, which made me feel a bit better. Apparently the cute lesbian had started dipping into her birthday present and said that it was the best smoke she had had in a long time, so that made me feel pretty damn good.
Hard to beat home grown….. :smokeit:

Speaking of that.

HAPPY CATURDAY!
Speaking of Stomper. The one I've got going is turning into a little frost monster already and I'm very excited!

20211203_150203.jpg

I'm not talking about marbles in the bag. They will be in the tray and I sit the bag on top.
Yeah, I don't agree with any kind of manual layering of any kind of material or media in the pot. The only kind of layering I want to see in a pot is from naturally occurring from a no-til grow.
Letting the bottom of the bag have a bit more exposure of air, is no different than what occurs on the sides of the pot as they dry.
Wouldn't ya think?
I think perfect, bottom line is more air to the bottom surface of the pot. More drainage material in the bottom of the pot would not hurt, but trying more air to the pot bottom first would be a good plan IMO.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back