Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one may have misunderstood me. IMPO if you are going to grow in soil you might as well go TLS - True Living Soil. The amount of work involved in feeding a salt based fertilizer to soil is about the same as maintaining TLS. Most growers will have far better results with TLS over salt. It is so easy to get a pot of soil out of balance with salt. New growers often water wrong resulting in a salt build up in the pot. I am not saying it cannot be done but the learning curve is a steep one. I think your time would be better spent learning TLS in an earthbox.

Use Salt in hydroponics - all forms.
Can be made to be a very simple grow to get your feet wet.

This is what I'm seeing that's making me think potentially a K deficiency, what do yall think? Its mostly just this plant, though I've seen a couple of leaves on two of the other three with a similar look.

View attachment 1379977View attachment 1379978
I would say just too much of everything. Looks like Maybe N is locking out K but there is more than one lock out going on.

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

So, I saw someone mention yesterday that if you're growing in soil using bottled nutes you should be growing in coco instead, as soil is pointless if you're not using organic dry ammendments. Is there any validity to that or is that just one of many opinions?

I grow in soil with bottled nutes.

Autobeast grows in soil with bottled nutes.

I copied his "how to" thread when I was just starting. Although, some can argue that a lot of the bagged peat soils are "soilless medium." I think it's far easier than coco as you don't have to feed everytime or everyday. But, the more you read/learn/do that changes.

So, eh, find what suits you or it easy to manage and get decent results. I am going to give coco a try as I see loads of people with great results. Besides, if you go full organic you need a large pot, a lot of soil, and amendments at the right time with a good bacterial/fungal population to feed the plant and break down all that stuff. Harder? Probably not for the guys who have it dialed and manage water only grows. I do think it's a lot easier to dose and dump some bottled NPK instead.

EDIT: I'm also pretty new, just barely a year in and my grows are not up to the snuff of some of the real talented guys here. So take my advice with some bottled salt! haha!

I grow in soil with bottled nutes.

Autobeast grows in soil with bottled nutes.

I copied his "how to" thread when I was just starting. Although, some can argue that a lot of the bagged peat soils are "soilless medium." I think it's far easier than coco as you don't have to feed everytime or everyday. But, the more you read/learn/do that changes.

So, eh, find what suits you or it easy to manage and get decent results. I am going to give coco a try as I see loads of people with great results. Besides, if you go full organic you need a large pot, a lot of soil, and amendments at the right time with a good bacterial/fungal population to feed the plant and break down all that stuff. Harder? Probably not for the guys who have it dialed and manage water only grows. I do think it's a lot easier to dose and dump some bottled NPK instead.

EDIT: I'm also pretty new, just barely a year in and my grows are not up to the snuff of some of the real talented guys here. So take my advice with some bottled salt! haha!
Of course you will be successful in your chosen style because doing is the best teacher.

You do know I am a Hydro Guy and coco is on my island :woohoo1:of salt :rofl:.

Thanks @Jraven !! Enjoying, as the caps are kicking in! Have a great evening .
I havent munched any of those since the eightee's. My best friends brother was a chemist at a state college and was sending him books of the little white papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back