Good morfnoevight All! past EO, Dabs onboard.

I fell asleep early because the house was so cool 74F, I forgot to post the chicken pasta salad.

IMG_20240717_195344107.jpg

It was delicious and will be liner tomorrow. I added a small amount of dried Chinese hot mustard, it adds a little warmth and hides in the background with the regular dry mustard.

Sad to say...I had to scroll past that fast......View attachment 1694693.. I've got vertigo....and food is making me queasy......
Prayers and good karma for you!

get-well-soon-chicken-soup.gif

In MoGs nutrient spreadsheet he divides by certain numbers (3100 and 430) to calculate the ppm per element does anybody know where these come from?
When you look at the label the numbers are by actual weight which tells you the balance of the fertilizer. This does not give you the measurable PPMs in solution that I wanted to know in hydroponics. Remember I did this work for myself I grow hydro!

There are many sources for converting Ion weight to PPM I did this work so long ago I don't remember the source. I applaud your desire to understand fertilizer but don't get caught looking at the minute at the cost of the big picture. Your current plants look pretty good but your not done yet. I think the best scientific tool I has has come from looking at my plants while they are growing and do my best to listen to what they are telling me.

Difference in weight per gram, perhaps….:shrug:
At the ion level, I needed every calculation broke down to PPM because that is the tool we all have access to and can learn to understand.

Well, but isn't the guaranteed analysis in %w/v eg in g/l (or in other equivalent units) so it shouldn't matter, or does it?
It is in % by weight. It is useful in that you know the balance of the fertilizer. you cannot change that balance only the strength. My spreadsheet allows you a little manipulation but I moved on to the Two Part with much more variation possible. Still using GreenLeaf Brand the best value out there, Jack's is nearly identical.

This of course assumes a perfectly mixed volume of the fertilizer, :haha:

Good morfnoevight All! past EO, Dabs onboard.

I fell asleep early because the house was so cool 74F, I forgot to post the chicken pasta salad.

View attachment 1694783
It was delicious and will be liner tomorrow. I added a small amount of dried Chinese hot mustard, it adds a little warmth and hides in the background with the regular dry mustard.

Prayers and good karma for you!

View attachment 1694784

When you look at the label the numbers are by actual weight which tells you the balance of the fertilizer. This does not give you the measurable PPMs in solution that I wanted to know in hydroponics. Remember I did this work for myself I grow hydro!

There are many sources for converting Ion weight to PPM I did this work so long ago I don't remember the source. I applaud your desire to understand fertilizer but don't get caught looking at the minute at the cost of the big picture. Your current plants look pretty good but your not done yet. I think the best scientific tool I has has come from looking at my plants while they are growing and do my best to listen to what they are telling me.

At the ion level, I needed every calculation broke down to PPM because that is the tool we all have access to and can learn to understand.

It is in % by weight. It is useful in that you know the balance of the fertilizer. you cannot change that balance only the strength. My spreadsheet allows you a little manipulation but I moved on to the Two Part with much more variation possible. Still using GreenLeaf Brand the best value out there, Jack's is nearly identical.

This of course assumes a perfectly mixed volume of the fertilizer, :haha:
Just a little sanity check: The ppm values in your spreadsheet are the ppm that can be measured by a tds meter not elemental ppm, right?

Just a little sanity check: The ppm values in your spreadsheet are the ppm that can be measured by a tds meter not elemental ppm, right?

Yes they should be close my 2 part sheet runs higher then the measured and I believe the 1 part runs a little lower then the measured.:pass:

Back