i called it….. q tips :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lildab:

@Lil Dab

1727055061764.gif

I think it would still be considered flushing but your are flushing the media as opposed to flushing the plant of nutrients.
How do you flush the plant? If this is so, I have never flushed in my life.

How do you flush the plant? If this is so, I have never flushed in my life.
You flush the media to rid it of excess salts etc or to adjust the ph counterbalancing it, high ph soil flyshed wuth lower ph water to bring the ph to where you want it slowly over time. Or flushing the plant of excess salts amd nutrients by feeding it only plain or ph’d water in the belief that the plant will use up nutrients it has stored in its leaves and vegetation to produce a cleaner end product. There are pages and pages of people arguing whether it produces a better smoke or not, but from what ive learned here, people like to feed til the end not depriving the plant of anything it needs in its final days, and that just makes way more sense to me. I have never noticed a difference either way in the quality of smoke, but have also never done a side by side to really investigate the issue!

You flush the media to rid it of excess salts etc or to adjust the ph counterbalancing it, high ph soil flyshed wuth lower ph water to bring the ph to where you want it slowly over time. Or flushing the plant of excess salts amd nutrients by feeding it only plain or ph’d water in the belief that the plant will use up nutrients it has stored in its leaves and vegetation to produce a cleaner end product. There are pages and pages of people arguing whether it produces a better smoke or not, but from what ive learned here, people like to feed til the end not depriving the plant of anything it needs in its final days, and that just makes way more sense to me. I have never noticed a difference either way in the quality of smoke, but have also never done a side by side to really investigate the issue!
Ok, ok, we are talking about the same thing. Yeah, I have flushed always before harvest. Skipped it last two grows, I can't tell a difference. But nutez are expensive so I might go back to doing it, at least last week.
Or, no, recently I have learned that I "Leach" the plants, apparently, I just stop giving them any nutrition and let them find whatever they can last week(s).

So a flush, according to my understanding today, would be rinsing the material through with "a solution you want your plants roots in instead of what's there now" and that sounds like every time I change the nutritional regiment for that specific plant 🤷

This is totally unimportant, just words, I'm just trying to understand the language in my hobby so I can absorb information easier. Like lowering my forum pH sort of.

Last edited:
Back