Ok, ok, we are talking about the same thing. Yeah, I have flushed always before harvest. Skipped it last two grows, I can't tell a difference. But nutez are expensive so I might go back to doing it, at least last week.
Flushing is so you can reuse what's left of your coco/peat and turn a grow around faster. Feed them until they die

And flushing doesn't make anything magically evaporate out of the buds :kitty:
1727060034402.gif

Ok. What I am wondering is: Exactly; What is the definition of a "flush"

Watering plants is essential, but flushing plants is also beneficial. Flushing plants means flooding them with water. Due to excess water, the soil is washed, and excess nutrients are removed.

You just need to give excess water to the plants so that it starts draining out from the hole at the bottom. Overwatering is done, and the water is drained from the bottom. The drained water brings extra nutrients from the soil.

how to flush plants

Image Source: growdiaries.com

Usually, plants are flushed with plain water. Some growers also prefer flushing plants with distilled water. But when the pH is unbalanced, or the plant is suffering from the nutrient lockout, pH-balanced water is preferred.

https://medicgrow.com/blogs/general...eans flooding them,is drained from the bottom.

1726087297137.gif
:coffee: ppp

Ok. What I am wondering is: Exactly; What is the definition of a "flush" and

Watering plants is essential, but flushing plants is also beneficial. Flushing plants means flooding them with water. Due to excess water, the soil is washed, and excess nutrients are removed.

You just need to give excess water to the plants so that it starts draining out from the hole at the bottom. Overwatering is done, and the water is drained from the bottom. The drained water brings extra nutrients from the soil.

how to flush plants

Image Source: growdiaries.com

Usually, plants are flushed with plain water. Some growers also prefer flushing plants with distilled water. But when the pH is unbalanced, or the plant is suffering from the nutrient lockout, pH-balanced water is preferred.

https://medicgrow.com/blogs/general-tips/beginners-guide-to-flushing-plants-why-when-and-how#:~:text=Flushing plants means flooding them,is drained from the bottom.

View attachment 1708473 :coffee: ppp
You're a flusher?

I'm not very experienced with growing indoors in soil. With these Autoflowers I am now only 7 plants deep. I'll admit something that has gotten me flamed before. I hear what everyone with a ton more experience says. But. I water to runoff twice in a plants life if nothing happens. I just can't get the logic of overfilling if there's nothing I need to get out of there 🤷 Hydro was easier in a lot of ways.

Back