A Humidor with cooling and automatic humidity control is like $1000. Still out of reasonable range for me. My budget is I have to SAVE money by growing šŸ˜…
Someone around here has had good success with one of theseā€¦

Much more affordable..

Nobody will be successful until they can replicate the control box. Itā€™s the real tech of the whole unit, the rest is just parts put together in a particular way. The control box interprets the information from the sensors and adjusts the internal components (dehumidifier, heating, cooling) accordingly to maintain a steady temperature, while dialing down the RH to a set point (56%)ā€¦.then slowly bringing it back up to a set point (61%)ā€¦.. itā€™s harder than it seems since dehumidifiers put off so much heatā€¦.
There's nothing special about any of it, really, from an engineering or technical perspective.

They just have a patent on it, which creates an additional challenge / higher barrier to entry for competitors. But, patents are easy to design around. It just helps them maintain a monopoly on the market for longer in the beginning stages.

I still want one now, though...

Good morning everybody! Its finally the weekend! Cant wait to spend it with the people that make me happy and lose time in the garden because when i ha e time 15 mins always turns into 4hrs lol! I hope everybody has an awesome weekend with the people they love. And if shšŸ’©t sucks gimme a holler, you can talk my ear off amd ill just listen, no judgment. Sending love amd positive energy out to everything i think about today. Thanks for making a stranger who just wandered in to feel so welcome šŸ™ ā¤ļøšŸŒžšŸŒ±

There's nothing special about any of it, really, from an engineering or technical perspective.

They just have a patent on it, which creates an additional challenge / higher barrier to entry for competitors. But, patents are easy to design around. It just helps them maintain a monopoly on the market for longer in the beginning stages.

I still want one now, though...
The control box isnā€™t special, but is the brains of the unitā€¦ and is the part that makes the whole thing special. Itā€™s what the inventor doesā€¦. Designs control units for various applicationsā€¦. From missile delivery systems, to drying units for culinary and horticulture applications. If itā€™s an easy taskā€¦.. show us.

Heatwave came like
View attachment 1705347
So I'm trying to chill my tent. I moved my oscillating fan underneath the lights so I can blow some heat off. Theres another fan hardly visible over the lightbars in the opposite corner from the white fan blowing outward to the camera.
View attachment 1705348
Anything I should set up differently to try and cope with the heat?
U could also drop dimmer % and just put the light closer to the plants! ;)

Back