They are more of a thick felt, about 1/16” thick, totally opaque/non-see-through but breathable. Just amazon cheapos but i have had great success with them and this type in general. I am always open to better options if you have some. I really like the pots @Atulip uses with the drawstring up top! Wish i could find some of those! Seems like a pretty awesome design

They were called "Royal Pots" I got on ebay a decade ago, but I can't find 'em now. Got like 50 x 3 gallons in a box somewhere lol.

Lmao i turned mine off ages ago! Even fabric pots will dry out if a fan is blowing on them! U def wanna avoid a fan blowing on the pots unless they are solid plastic or something like that!
They catch a bit of air now but arent being directly blasted like they were. Dont really have the room for any other setup but plan on putting the fan on a stool to raise it up when they babes get bigger!

How high above the pots/soil are you all setting your scrog screens? Im thinking lower than with photos mybe 6” above the soil? Or 3-4” above the top of the pots?
IMG_1614.jpeg

They are more of a thick felt, about 1/16” thick, totally opaque/non-see-through but breathable. Just amazon cheapos but i have had great success with them and this type in general. I am always open to better options if you have some. I really like the pots @Atulip uses with the drawstring up top! Wish i could find some of those! Seems like a pretty awesome design
I use grassroots living soil pots if i go the bag route! They have a tarp type liner inside them going down from top to like 3” before bottom! Keeps them from having water seep out when u feed and keeps em from drying out as quickly! This grow went back to earthbox! ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

See how quickly she went yellow @Lil Dab :yoinks::cuss::rofl:

Gonna climb in and topwater some microbes and the worm castings tea stuff and gonna topdress some more! May need to add some alfalfa cuz the flower finisher i topdressed is like 1-8-7 or something along them lines so maybe cut the N oyt way too soon! Why i need to order some of the flower girl dry stuff to use start of bloom and this at the end! The “finisher” part in the name flower finisher just dawned on me today! :doh::crying:

I use grassroots living soil pots if i go the bag route! They have a tarp type liner inside them going down from top to like 3” before bottom! Keeps them from having water seep out when u feed and keeps em from drying out as quickly! This grow went back to earthbox! ;)
View attachment 1705185View attachment 1705186View attachment 1705187

See how quickly she went yellow @Lil Dab :yoinks::cuss::rofl:

Gonna climb in and topwater some microbes and the worm castings tea stuff and gonna topdress some more! May need to add some alfalfa cuz the flower finisher i topdressed is like 1-8-7 or something along them lines so maybe cut the N oyt way too soon! Why i need to order some of the flower girl dry stuff to use start of bloom and this at the end! The “finisher” part in the name flower finisher just dawned on me today! :doh::crying:
What on earth? Is an EarthBox?

What on earth? Is an EarthBox?
The full size holds 1cu ft of soil and it has a screen deck on the inside that creates a reservoir beneath the soil! Fill it from that tube u see in corner of box and the soil wicks it up from bottom! And the cover on top catches any water evaporating out the soil and it drips back down onto surface! If u keep cover sealed u will have wicked roots coming out surface of soil but i just taped mine totally closed couple weeks back!

The full size holds 1cu ft of soil and it has a screen deck on the inside that creates a reservoir beneath the soil! Fill it from that tube u see in corner of box and the soil wicks it up from bottom! And the cover on top catches any water evaporating out the soil and it drips back down onto surface! If u keep cover sealed u will have wicked roots coming out surface of soil but i just taped mine totally closed couple weeks back!

I used to use a less fancy organic method similar. Just sat pots ontop of perlite with water. Let them ladies wick, so low maintenance.

20160216_081409-jpg.533239

Seems like a really cool system, probably has a bit of a learning curve but i love the idea and im sure it works awesome! I will have to pay closer attention to your grows now as i have never seen that system before! Thank you for wnlightening me!

I used to use a less fancy organic method similar. Just sat pots ontop of perlite with water. Let them ladies wick, so low maintenance.

20160216_081409-jpg.533239
The full sized EB holds like 3gal in the reservoir! I need to get like a ping pong ball and a long ng skinny wooden dowel to make like a little float setup so i can look in tent window and know how much is in reservoir so know when to fill it! I think i will prob finally get my free sample of megacrop since its something thats ok to go into reservoir! Been using just plain water and topdressing but i always fuck up the timing on that these days….i blame the never ending flow of dabs! :eyebrows::crying::lildab:

Back