Finally learning a little about ec and ppm and I have a possibly silly question….if you have a target of 700ppm and your water is 400 are you adding just 300 in nutes? Or add 700 in nutes to read 1100? I’d think just add 300 but an alchemist I am not.
I'm using GreenLeafNutrients MegaCrop 1-part. Their website has a feed calculator that reads out in grams, EC, or various other units. It has a note that the feed recommendation must be added to whatever the starting EC (or ppm) of your water is. to quote:

*EC is additive, so you measure your base water EC then add in the suggested amount.​
For example: Base water EC .2, suggested dosage is 1.1, then final level will be 1.1 + .2 = 1.3​
Some of the old timers may have advice on your water, I don't know if 400 is high. I guess I'm lucky mine is 140 ppm lake Erie water.

Finally learning a little about ec and ppm and I have a possibly silly question….if you have a target of 700ppm and your water is 400 are you adding just 300 in nutes? Or add 700 in nutes to read 1100? I’d think just add 300 but an alchemist I am not.
It's cumulative. 400 is kinda high for a starting number for hydro. Shouldn't need any cal/mg with that at all

It's cumulative. 400 is kinda high for a starting number for hydro. Shouldn't need any cal/mg with that at all
I don’t know it’s 3 or 400 for sure though that’s just a rounded measurement with a truncheon. Experimenting with the autopot has me checking out stuff I never bothered with before. For a couple years now Ive been going by an exact feed schedule but never considered the starting ppm in my water so I guess my feed has been a bit strong. Never showed any signs though and that’s why it never entered my mind

I don’t know it’s 3 or 400 for sure though that’s just a rounded measurement with a truncheon. Experimenting with the autopot has me checking out stuff I never bothered with before. For a couple years now Ive been going by an exact feed schedule but never considered the starting ppm in my water so I guess my feed has been a bit strong. Never showed any signs though and that’s why it never entered my mind
Cut out any calmag and stick with what you know. Should be plenty of calcium in that water for coco

IMG_8918.jpeg

Back