Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight All you happy Sunday stoners!

What a morning I have had. Exactly 5:09 am this morning I wake to the sound of Ms MOG asking about the perimeter alarm that was blasting away. I look down the hall and see nothing so proceed into the kitchen assuming any breach was in the connected portion of the house that dose not have access to the living space. I disarmed the alarm at 5:10 am. From my cellphone I learned that one of the sensors was "Tampered" which is not possible since the sensor is inside a still sealed space. :shrug: After a long talk with the help person, who was very polite but totally not going to give me a new sensor. I just installed one of my back-ups. I went back to bed but sleep was not to be found. While laying there I decided I wanted lobster for the 4th!

This morning I look on line to see if I can spot a deal. Wally World has two Fresh tails 9 oz. for $16 so I stop there first. Not fresh and not $16 either. Next was Costco, No big tails, all previously frozen and looked as if they had thawed yesterday. On to WinCo, They had beautiful Australian tails the other day. They had the same ones. In for a penny in for a pound. I drove all the way to a Fish Market and they were cleaned out at $48 a pound fresh Main Lobster. They said call next time :rofl:. They must have been lovely. So back the other way to my last chance Whole Foods. Nothing fresh. I surrender, I bought five of the dinky 4 oz tails - $9.44 each by the time you shell them you are luck to get two bites. So a 2.5 hour shopping adventure.

I came home and had a dab straight away.

I suppose that all depends on your water. I tryed for 6months with out my RO and my garden went to shit. I had to fight many a lock outs that ive never had to deal within my system. My straight tap water was also knocking nutes out of solution. Had to clean my tank every 3 days from salt build ups and all my run off treys became super sparkly with mineral built up. I now only need to clean at the end of the run with a simple wipe out and no scrubbing encrusted minerals.
Since I've reinstall my RO not a sign issue. No lock outs, no ph issues, I'm back on cruise control with lovely healthy plants. It's a night and day difference in my garden.
I don't denie your statement but I do believe it's very situational to the water hardness of where you live and how you grow.
I would never get rid of my RO machine.

We are on a water meter here. So I only run the RO when the water district is providing well water. It runs over 200PPM. I just mix 50/50 with tap to get it down to 100 PPM for use in the grow and wasting as little water as possible.

:peek:
View attachment 1481219View attachment 1481220View attachment 1481221

Well apparently LEDs can burn plants! :yoinks:
View attachment 1481223View attachment 1481222

Well when u let the plants grow right into them they can! It’s also only individual blades on some of the leafs that made contact with the light so kinda thinking once they get that close it’s prob the red diodes doing it! From what I noticed they seem to make the temps go up so think it might’ve made too much warmth cuz don’t think it was the intensity! :shrug:

Was running errands yesterday so today I’m gonna find a way inside tent so I can raise light! Can only go up about a foot tho so gonna have several necks to break and then tie down once I know how much clearance I got! :thumbsup:

Dude you should be Super Cropping.

Hardest thing for a grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

:goodluck:

Day 10 of spraying 50ppm CS on these 2 girls, i sure hope I'm not wasting 2 plants if they don't male up soon.

Here is day 1 of me spraying them before showing sex

red poison
View attachment 1480808
bloody skunk
View attachment 1480809

And pics from today

red poison looking ugly from sprays
View attachment 1480810View attachment 1480811View attachment 1480812View attachment 1480811
bloody skunk does not care about being sprayed haha
View attachment 1480813View attachment 1480814
View attachment 1480815
I'm spraying twice a day how much longer do you guys think i should keep spraying? i had to order more because I'm using so much:face:
that is one reason I make my own. I go though more than a liter of cs on each plant I reverse. I soak the plant top bottom and underside of leaves once a day, and so far always good. There is no way I could do the job with the amount of CS that typically gets sold.

OTOH, if I kept the "boys" smaller, maybe less CS would work. The next boys will be in really small pots. as in at least solos, maybe half that. :goodluck:

We're trying! It's the members, the staff, the vendors, it's everyone trying to work together to make this what it is! I appreciate the shit out of all of you! WE appreciate the shit out of all of you!
Yessir, AFN is the best, and this is much the product of the efforts and dedication of our moderators. Trolling BS not tolerated! Ya wanna dump on folks ya gotta do it elsewhere. Much gratitude to all the moderators. AFN is great! :worship: :pighug:

Yessir, AFN is the best, and this is much the product of the efforts and dedication of our moderators. Trolling BS not tolerated! Ya wanna dump on folks ya gotta do it elsewhere. Much gratitude to all the moderators. AFN is great! :worship: :pighug:
Amen :d5:to that... Leave the bs elsewhere..... We lookout for each other here.... Got each others backs.... Should I say......

Wife is looking at me kinda funny. She might be horny but I think she probably knows I'm a little extra stoned :crying:
Ohhh - might be best to assume horny. Never let an opportunity go by unchecked... :pighug: :goodluck:

when I grow up (if ever), I wanna grow like you do. :worship: :worship: :worship:

:yeahthat: This is my only form of social media I love this place. Came here to learn how to grow and have made a bunch of great friends along way thank you LS. This is my most favorite thread on the whole site:headbang:I am outta ideas on what to post I think we need new live stoner aspirations? Just thinking out loud:shrug::pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back