Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far as I know stink bugs have no predators in the United States. The hope is that some birds take a liking to them. Similar to what the spotted lanternfly problem is. Pretty sure they require pyrethrin to kill em, or if they're in a confined space you can catch them with light. Think it's around 120*f to kill, so only a little lower then cockroaches and bedbugs
Yeah, pyrethrin will kill them. But I wouldn't use it in growing canna, but that's me.
You can attract them with soapy water and kill them. I can't remember which way it went, but I think females sink and males float, for the most part. If you leave the females in the water, it will attract the males more. You're taking them out and disrupting their breeding.
It does make quite the impact in the garden, but it might help in a tent. It can't hurt.

Anyone else worried or preparing for the food shortages coming? I just picked up 4 chickens for eggs and starting a 4x4 veggie tent in living soil for veggies my family usually buys and eats. We can hunt and fish and live off the land where I'm from. We have lots of local apple trees, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, thimbleberries, black berries are all wild here. I'd like to grow fruit too indoors. Any suggestions on fruits that would flower this year and not like having to wait til like next year?

P
Anyone else worried or preparing for the food shortages coming? I just picked up 4 chickens for eggs and starting a 4x4 veggie tent in living soil for veggies my family usually buys and eats. We can hunt and fish and live off the land where I'm from. We have lots of local apple trees, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, thimbleberries, black berries are all wild here. I'd like to grow fruit too indoors. Any suggestions on fruits that would flower this year and not like having to wait til like next year?
That's hard because fruits generally are perinials I mean tomatoes but I'm not sure you could get those done in time depending where your at maybe cucumbers but I know they are fruits but most ppl don't consider them that because they aren't sweet. You could definitely get strawberries to flower first year indoors because you control light cycles and tempature. You would order strawberry starts check out pine berries they are yellow strawberries that bruise red when they get over ripe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back