Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red spectrum causes them to stretch, from what I’ve read. It’s honestly the reason I get the big plants….I add a redder spectrum 3000k cob as they’re entering flower and they take off. It causes lotsa tops to reach for the sky. Probably what’s happening in your tent also.
Maybe that's what's happening to mine. They're under 2 HLG100 3000k and a Yuson1000 (100w with some red diodes). They're 22" tall at 5 weeks, getting ready to stretch:
floorshot_20220703.jpg

Well apparently LEDs can burn plants! :yoinks:
Well when u let the plants grow right into them they can! It’s also only individual blades on some of the leafs that made contact with the light so kinda thinking once they get that close it’s prob the red diodes doing it! From what I noticed they seem to make the temps go up so think it might’ve made too much warmth cuz don’t think it was the intensity! :shrug:

Yes, the aluminum bars are integrated heat sinks for the LED chips. They do get quite warm. At about 80% intensity I notice mine are painful to the touch. Passive cooling and all that, those just radiate the heat upwards. It's not the diodes themselves but the heat of the metal.

Looks like a MH FC light? Just something I noticed with my FCE4800 and reaching around it. Little forearm singe here and there. Nearly burnt the tips of my beard off on it one day!

Maybe that's what's happening to mine. They're under 2 HLG100 3000k and a Yuson1000 (100w with some red diodes). They're 22" tall at 5 weeks, getting ready to stretch:
View attachment 1481266
I’d say that’s a fair assessment….looking good my friend :pass: I hope you’re doing well:d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back