Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to ditch my reverse osmosis system. I used one since i started growing. But now I am using only tap water. Tap water where im at is 150ppm only. With a ro system your removing the chlorine which I was after but it also takes out all the secondary nutrients plants need so i found tap water can be beneficial over ro water for several reasons. 1. for extra secondary nutrients in the tap water. 2. Ro water is wasting alot of water down to drain to make fresh water. For the enviromment and world water and drought crisis I feel happy to ditch my system to do my part to conserve water. 3. It also saves my water bills waste cost not wasting water. Instead of letting the water sit out (I dont have patience) to dechlorinate the water. Im growing with Living Loil, would it be a better approach to use Vitamin C or Sodium Thiosulfate to dechlorinate? My ph is like 7.4ph so I need to bring it down alsp b4 watering

I suppose that all depends on your water. I tryed for 6months with out my RO and my garden went to shit. I had to fight many a lock outs that ive never had to deal within my system. My straight tap water was also knocking nutes out of solution. Had to clean my tank every 3 days from salt build ups and all my run off treys became super sparkly with mineral built up. I now only need to clean at the end of the run with a simple wipe out and no scrubbing encrusted minerals.
Since I've reinstall my RO not a sign issue. No lock outs, no ph issues, I'm back on cruise control with lovely healthy plants. It's a night and day difference in my garden.
I don't denie your statement but I do believe it's very situational to the water hardness of where you live and how you grow.
I would never get rid of my RO machine.

Morning @Bill.de.Cat .......:coffee:..sharing one......did you Win something....?

coff.gif

Coffees on...if anyone is up for Wake n Bake...............

grannybong.gif
......sigh...that feels better............

Morning @Bill.de.Cat .......:coffee:..sharing one......did you Win something....?
Yup...won the Pulse One....guess I'll have to start paying attention to my VPD now that I don't have to do maths.

Yup...won the Pulse One....guess I'll have to start paying attention to my VPD now that I don't have to do maths.

Well CONGRATULATIONS @Bill.de.Cat ...:bravo:...some people will do anything to get an Extra smoke break on a Friday coz they have Two Pulses......:crying:..

I've just seen another Lighting/climate control app one coming through the Staff Room....:pass:..and Fingers Crossed we may get the Cultivators trying that one out too...

Morning all
It's Sunday and its time for a heroic wake and bake. Right I'm off to walk the dog and see where this doobie takes me. Hopefully I don't have to turn myself around and send myself home. Which I've had to do it the past.
Wedding cake with generous helping of Macloud finger hash.
20220703_110713.jpg

Meet the dog, he's called Dexter

20220703_105753(0).jpg

BTW.......:pass:...are all the Pulse Winners Live Stoners......?

I'm sure they are...we should get a Hell of a Show huh...?

@wwwillie @Mañ'O'Green are already set up with them....so they Should be able to answer any set up questions if you have any....:headbang:

Morning all
It's Sunday and its time for a heroic wake and bake. Right I'm off to walk the dog and see where this doobie takes me. Hopefully I don't have to turn myself around and send myself home. Which I've had to do it the past.
Wedding cake with generous helping of Macloud finger hash.
View attachment 1481131

Meet the dog, he's called Dexter

View attachment 1481133
Ahahahahah he’s a beauty!
And we have all been in that situation when u have gone too hard with a doobie lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back