Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to ditch my reverse osmosis system. I used one since i started growing. But now I am using only tap water. Tap water where im at is 150ppm only. With a ro system your removing the chlorine which I was after but it also takes out all the secondary nutrients plants need so i found tap water can be beneficial over ro water for several reasons. 1. for extra secondary nutrients in the tap water. 2. Ro water is wasting alot of water down to drain to make fresh water. For the enviromment and world water and drought crisis I feel happy to ditch my system to do my part to conserve water. 3. It also saves my water bills waste cost not wasting water. Instead of letting the water sit out (I dont have patience) to dechlorinate the water. Im growing with Living Loil, would it be a better approach to use Vitamin C or Sodium Thiosulfate to dechlorinate? My ph is like 7.4ph so I need to bring it down alsp b4 watering

I decided to ditch my reverse osmosis system. I used one since i started growing. But now I am using only tap water. Tap water where im at is 150ppm only. With a ro system your removing the chlorine which I was after but it also takes out all the secondary nutrients plants need so i found tap water can be beneficial over ro water for several reasons. 1. for extra secondary nutrients in the tap water. 2. Ro water is wasting alot of water down to drain to make fresh water. For the enviromment and world water and drought crisis I feel happy to ditch my system to do my part to conserve water. 3. It also saves my water bills waste cost not wasting water. Instead of letting the water sit out (I dont have patience) to dechlorinate the water. Im growing with Living Loil, would it be a better approach to use Vitamin C or Sodium Thiosulfate to dechlorinate?
I'm not sure, but I was looking into it last night, and these may be a solution?

Affiliate links not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to ditch my reverse osmosis system. I used one since i started growing. But now I am using only tap water. Tap water where im at is 150ppm only. With a ro system your removing the chlorine which I was after but it also takes out all the secondary nutrients plants need so i found tap water can be beneficial over ro water for several reasons. 1. for extra secondary nutrients in the tap water. 2. Ro water is wasting alot of water down to drain to make fresh water. For the enviromment and world water and drought crisis I feel happy to ditch my system to do my part to conserve water. 3. It also saves my water bills waste cost not wasting water. Instead of letting the water sit out (I dont have patience) to dechlorinate the water. Im growing with Living Loil, would it be a better approach to use Vitamin C or Sodium Thiosulfate to dechlorinate? My ph is like 7.4ph so I need to bring it down alsp b4 watering
i just started testing growing with my tap water with my hydro and promix grows and they don't care that its 270ppm they don't like the 8.0 ph but if i ph it down they don't care about chlorine and such :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back