Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a mile?:funny::funny:
It is a different method, it's just illogical.
As far as the problem-solving aspect, I do have to disagree. From what I can see, they put out the info and the kids are just supposed to swallow it. No critical thinking and coming to their own conclusions. The vast amount of time, all they teach is the damn advancement test.
It's a damn shame the standards in our education system has declined so damn far from when I was a kid. I remember when they began to lower the grading standards while I was in school. It's only gone down hill since then. Crying shame, especially what it could be with all the technology improvements since then. Yeah, I know some things have improved, just not what it could have been.
This is 100% due to the fact that schools are insanely underfunded in the US.

I completely agree with almost all of this. It's just that information is now easily force fed, so the teaching now needs to be focused on the digestion of the information. Used to be that anything that was printed was truth, but that's not the case at all anymore. Even look around here; and this is the best source of cannabis growing info you can find, and you still have to filter information on your own that will come from some great growers and at the same time come from Internet people. That skill is a big part of life now
Propaganda and misinformation existed long before the printing press was invented, and honestly probably before written tradition at all. Being able to verify sources is so incredibly important and there are a lot of people of *all* ages that don't seem to understand the process.

We also only had like twice a year fire drills when I was a kid instead of weekly active shooter drills like my kid gets to practice :shrug:
The trauma element is *huge* and actively affects children's ability to learn and retain information. Even if nothing bad happens they go into that building daily with "will it happen today?" on their minds. And that trauma stays with you for a lifetime.

Propaganda and misinformation existed long before the printing press was invented, and honestly probably before written tradition at all. Being able to verify sources is so incredibly important and there are a lot of people of *all* ages that don't seem to understand the process.
I think I recall getting in a little bit of trouble the night of the education discussion :rofl: so I'll refrain :smoker1: I think mossy even shut down LS that night:shrug:but I could just be stoned and confusing it with another time my mouth got my in trouble around here :crying:

The trauma element is *huge* and actively affects children's ability to learn and retain information. Even if nothing bad happens they go into that building daily with "will it happen today?" on their minds. And that trauma stays with you for a lifetime.
And in some of our lives we were wondering if the nukes were coming that day.......all kids have things they worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back