Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, has anyone ever tried to make your own fertilizers? I'm talking about like NPK or Cal Mag, not composting.
I'm drying banana peels, collecting bones......think I'll buy the blood meal ( looked into making it...nope)
And using Epsom salt with my 1 part

I have great results with 1 part and bud explosion alone. Some epsom and calmag. Cheap grows great smoke...
I mean, instrumentation is one thing but the proof is in the pudding, I say. Lotsa folks smoking lotsa great weed grown without all the extras. I was just trying to help when you said the only downside was it’s expensive. I was trying to point out that it doesn’t have to be.
Agreed you are 100% right I still have some 1 part i might go back as i had good luck with it also just don't over don't it i found IMO. But am trying repluticate @Mañ'O'Green work with my coco girls. this what i am feeding the APK #12 since week 9+ my whole feed chart is a mess so i just screened shotted the most recent feed and what i will finish feeding unless told otherwise :haha::rofl::rofl: I still have a long ways to go my VPD hasn't been 100% perfect :thumbsup:

Starting PPM less <15 apera EC60 (tds. factor .5)

PH to 5.8-5.9

Screenshot 2022-07-06 8.51.29 PM.png

Like for example, I watched a video showing how to use vinegar to extract calcium from eggshells, and you can use Epsom salt for magnesium/sulfur. Shit like that.
All homemade nutrients;)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Using eggshells is no bueno cuz if any membrane left in the shells it’ll make it go bed! Use brown rice vinegar and oyster shell to make water soluble calcium! Add epsom to make calmag!

There you go, then :d5:
Thanks the money isn't the problem... I was just saying... Npk is expensive compared to mc..... For one bag of npk you'd need 20 bags to equal one mc bag..... But if it makes my grow good to the way.... Mog does... I'll be happy with spending the time and money.....

I'm drying banana peels, collecting bones......think I'll buy the blood meal ( looked into making it...nope)
And using Epsom salt with my 1 part
So that would be potassium, what would you do for phosphorus?
All homemade nutrients;) View attachment 1483023View attachment 1483024

Using eggshells is no bueno cuz if any membrane left in the shells it’ll make it go bed! Use brown rice vinegar and oyster shell to make water soluble calcium! Add epsom to make calmag!
I heard you can just bake the eggshells for an hour or so in the oven and that burns off the membrane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back