Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have strongly considered goats. But, then i'd have shit everywhere...

Yup...Weed and Feed machines.......... :pass: ....the sheperdess works with the farmers here....after they harvest a field the goats/sheep come down and strip the fields....

Only had one get inside the fences and the llamas stomped it to death.

I've heard that before........:headbang:....great guarders....

Those are alpacas in the bottom pics.

:crying: Trust me to pick an Alpaca Aficinado..........:crying:

Tolar is completely without power. My storm was late afternoon and I didn't hear about other storms yesterday.
I thought you were far south of the Mess for some reason.
I'm northeast by Greenville and such, no rain here since before summer it feels like

Just baking in the west..................

2022-08-18_11-26-32.jpg

That's freakin' hot!! Pfff...
In 2021 we had 64 days over 100°F (30 in a row) and hit 114° in July.

anything over 108°F is going to be hot in the house even with low RH If the RH goes over 30% it gets down right miserable.

325 hp? that's insane!!! At 212, it would lift the front whells of the bus when you punched it. Much less a bug!
We did the van as sort of joke. The engine was for my friend's 67 bug that he was turning into a drag racer. He got rear ended hit and run and screwed the bug. It was the only yeat they made the engine hatch in that style and he couldn't find one. Took him a year and half to find another

So, we called the guy in LA that made the engine and transmission and he worked it to fit into the bus and put in a "freeway' gear in the trans. Badass party wagon that thing was. Can kick myself in the ass for selling it, but had to move back east to take care of some family things for my wife. Sold it to a friend's friend in Healdsburg, CA who still has it. Thing is worth a fortune now...
If it was one of the multi-windowed buses, then it's waaaaaay thru the roof.
I had help with picking the parts for the engine, being it my first and only V-Dub build. My buddy, that builds mainly motorcycles, also loves and has built many bugs.
I went to him for those reasons. I had the idea to adapt the stand-alone engine management system he uses. We had to change out parts, get creative with fuel and ignition and do some sensor dancing, but it was the same basic bones he used on motorcycles. He installed his software on my laptop so I could tune it.
The system worked great! Tuning it was another story. Really, boost control was the only hard part. His software could control it fairly well, it just that the processor was getting taxed and the com buss was pretty slow. It worked insanely well with the turbo just on spring pressure. With no intercooler, boost built very quickly and ramped extremely quick..... too quick. It would just blow tires...............and not skinny stock tires. When I used the ECM to also control the boost, either the cpu or the data buss was just too slow. I had to slow the ramp rate of the boost quite a lot so the cpu was able to get the corrections to fuel delivery, spark timing and boost levels, where they weren't outta whack with each other.At that time, there were several good boost controllers I could have used, but it just wasn't in the budget.......the additional dyno time and street tuning time could have paid for it and would have been even more quick.
It still made the same peak HP, but peak TQ was down some. Still an insane car to drive!
I could do it today far easier.

Yup...Weed and Feed machines.......... :pass: ....the sheperdess works with the farmers here....after they harvest a field the goats/sheep come down and strip the fields....
With the cattle I raise for personal consumption, I raised them in sectioned paddocks in the front pasture and rotated them every few days. It worked very well for the cattle and pasture.

Remember!!!!!
Enter BAS Big Give Away!

https://wn.nr/7Sck4W

The first secret word is

EARTHBOX
All caps
Already done! Decided I'm doing BAS Light Mix in Earthbox Jr for my next run! Literally just got off the phone with the nearest vendor to see if it was cheaper to drive an hour and pay their upcharge vs shipping. Its about even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back