Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sweet baby girl is scared to death when I walk outside with all the fireworks shooting, she must think I'm in danger she's climbed in bed with me and if I move she's on my heels if I walk outside Mrs. D said she freaks out

wet trim and brown paper bags for me. I've tried most other ways of drying, and the bags work as well as anything else for me. I like the simplicity and the fact that sequential harvests can each receive independent treatment.

All the main ways of doing the mischief can work well in the right hands, but brown bags are now my go to.

For curing, I have used both burping jars and grove bags, and the jury is out for me. I am not convinced that some of the claims for grove bags regarding RH control are accurate. The bud I cured from the last grow was left for a couple months, and to my surprise, when I checked the RH in the sealed bags, it was ~55%, exactly the same as the basement room the cupboard was in. Bottom line is that the bags may slow down water loss when internal RH gets to ~62%, but water loss does not stop there, contrary to suggestions that the bags control humidity in two directions. At some point I may run some tests to confirm my suspicions, but I think the description of how Grove Bags manage humidity is misleading. Bottom line is that they continue to lose water when rh gets lower than 62%. This is dramatically different than Boveda or other equivalents which actually release or absorb moisture to maintain rh at ~62%. Perhaps the bags retain more terpenes, but I do not have the experience or perhaps the discriminating taste to know whether that is the case. Perhaps next grow I will do a side by side comparison. At this point, I can't say I notice any improvement in flavour with the bags compared with jars.

Good luck with your dry and cure. :pighug: :goodluck:
I also didn’t have the same luck with the bags as everyone else. They stayed around 60% for about a month then started dropping…. I switched everything over to jars but two packs, so I could see how low they would go….I ended up bailing on that experiment when one hit 39% on the fourth month. I chalked it up to my ultra low single digit humidity, but I think you’re probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back