Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Great stuff Jraven. You can see the "tree" potential in that one late Monk, the unrestricted ones grown in Denmark and Finland grow to Cali-sizes (obviously not bud wise, but height and canopy wise). *

* Check post [HASHTAG]#26[/HASHTAG] in the thread in my signature for pictures of some Scandi-plants taking their room.

For everyone interested in Scandi \ DK strains, please check my profile for threads started by me or threads on the topic I've answered in. I've pretty much grown them all, hung out over at UdG and HGH for years and altough I've been out of the game for a long time, hardy outdoor genes was all I focused on during my active years. (I would have compiled it, but I am lazy-stoned :p)

There is a link to a thread in my signature.

I'll be glad to answer any questions the best I can. Also when making crosses with HFH seeds, please credit Esbe. That guy has done a LOT for outdoor growers requiring a specific type of plant, probably more than anyone.

I saw someone asking about the root restriction feature of the Danes, a similarity shared by most IBL's out of Denmark. My best theory is that the "staple" Danes inbred in Denmark over the years all adopted a lot of traits specifically just for survival. Any type of external stress or rapid change of conditions will trigger the flowering, just so the plant can manage to carry on the genetics. Often these were openly pollinated as well, adapting over decades.

Dyr and Tanska for example used open pollination, let the plants live out their lives and drop their seed to the ground, spend the winter under the snow and frost and then repeated the process with the ones popping by themselves the season after. Do this for years upon years in harsh climates and you'll breed hardy plants, targeted or not.

Last edited:
Thanks heelo, it's going ok here. I didn't get as much from the autos this year as I would like but I will have plenty. :smoking:
I feed with a aerated tea weekly. molasses, EWC, seaweed, compost basically. They are mostly in the same soil I have been working on. It still needs tuning. I'd like to attain something close to water-only. I got a few different bags of soil to experiment with but didn't see a lot of difference:shrug:I don't mind buying a few additives for the tea ( recharge and mycos, etc) but am not using bottled feeds. :pass:
I am using mykoes n happy frog fruit n flower dry amendments in coco loco mixed with pearlite and pro mix hp soil in a water only set up in my setting up for success thread. So far it's doing great. I also added earth worms and clover to the soil. I'm in week 5 with some and reamended the soil at week 4 ish and I'm thinking I'll b good through the rest of the grow.

Great stuff Jraven. You can see the "tree" potential in that one late Monk, the unrestricted ones grown in Denmark and Finland grow to Cali-sizes (obviously not bud wise, but height and canopy wise). *

* Check post [HASHTAG]#26[/HASHTAG] in the thread in my signature for pictures of some Scandi-plants taking their room.

For everyone interested in Scandi \ DK strains, please check my profile for threads started by me or threads on the topic I've answered in. I've pretty much grown them all, hung out over at UdG and HGH for years and altough I've been out of the game for a long time, hardy outdoor genes was all I focused on during my active years. (I would have compiled it, but I am lazy-stoned :p)

There is a link to a thread in my signature.

I'll be glad to answer any questions the best I can. Also when making crosses with HFH seeds, please credit Esbe. That guy has done a LOT for outdoor growers requiring a specific type of plant, probably more than anyone.

I saw someone asking about the root restriction feature of the Danes, a similarity shared by most IBL's out of Denmark. My best theory is that the "staple" Danes inbred in Denmark over the years all adopted a lot of traits specifically just for survival. Any type of external stress or rapid change of conditions will trigger the flowering, just so the plant can manage to carry on the genetics. Often these were openly pollinated as well, adapting over decades.

Dyr and Tanska for example used open pollination, let the plants live out their lives and drop their seed to the ground, spend the winter under the snow and frost and then repeated the process with the ones popping by themselves the season after. Do this for years upon years in harsh climates and you'll breed hardy plants, targeted or not.
I was wondering how these strains did it after seeing how they performed here. Now I see, it's the multiple survival traits bred in. I'm eager to run more of Esbe's gear next season

Last edited:
I am using mykoes n happy frog fruit n flower dry amendments in coco loco mixed with pearlite and pro mix hp soil in a water only set up in my setting up for success thread. So far it's doing great. I also added earth worms and clover to the soil. I'm in week 5 with some and reamended the soil at week 4 ish and I'm thinking I'll b good through the rest of the grow.
Sounds good, and your plants are looking real fine:thumbsup:

Here's the probably last pics of my Monk lady. I'll be taking her down soon. She's gone through this wet season with only one small mold spot. @puffy
P_20190914_114245.jpg
P_20190914_114224.jpg

Leb27 is a week or so away. These were the latest-started lebs in the biggest pot...2 plants in a 10 gallon fabric pot. They probably had the least survival stimulus so got to put on more nice buddage :smoking:
P_20190914_114429.jpg
P_20190914_114317.jpg

Oh yeah and these spots started showing up on some fans on the Z6...Anyone know what that is?View attachment 1103492
All your plants are looking great! No idea what the spots are.. I would ask Waira or post in the infirmary. Might be a pest, so earlier the better.
Great that Leb27 is almost done. Always a relief to get them cut, hanging, and ready for jars,

Back