Jraven's New Soil. Time to dig in.

They're kind of like vertical longlines hehe. Leaders similar to sport troll rigs are snapped on to stainless steel wires as you let them out. 30-60 pound cannonballs on the wires. 4 lines total. I use @9 or 10 leaders per line.
View attachment 710796

Fell asleep.
That is some rig. Do you land every hit? Or do you let them fill up and power reel them in. I've had down riggers with similar balls. Usually ran them at 30- 40 feet under schools of Dolphin for the Wahoo that's usually there. Single top baits with 2 on the outriggers and 2 flat lines from holders in the stern. A lot of artificial or Ballyhoo or bigger with skirts. Would throw out a teaser when first approaching a school or floating object for the cow and bull or when after bill fish. Probably trolled a bit faster than you to keep the top baits dancing. Even skip them for Marlin. We took a lot of King Mackerel with down planers.
I didn't use any electric reels but wished a couple of times with Great White hookups that I had.. Had one on looked like a VW coming up behind us on an off shore hump. Had to cut him loose as we entered the crazy boil on the down current side. I love it. Any seas over 3-5 foot was a no go. I did it for fun. An accident beached me, legs won't take the beating anymore. I hate having to write in past tense.
:pass:

ospreyrfcr.jpg

Here is fishing spot I went to , it is 110 km of the coast , I was fishing out of my 14 ft tinny . A bunch of us had a game boat tow us out , stayed for 5 days , Monster Dog Tooth - Yellow fin tune -- Wahoo -- ect . Nealy got pulled out of the tinny by a Dogtooth , it was sounding in 700 mtr water . @Feenix

Yes @Feenix when fishing is good we'll let the lines fill up while dressing the fish we've got aboard. Seldom have all lures taken...During slow times will go pull a single hit it can stimulate more biting to run the gear. The lines are on hydraulic powered reels. We generally fish with the leads at @18 fathoms.
cockpit.jpg

ospreyrfcr.jpg

Here is fishing spot I went to , it is 110 km of the coast , I was fishing out of my 14 ft tinny . A bunch of us had a game boat tow us out , stayed for 5 days , Monster Dog Tooth - Yellow fin tune -- Wahoo -- ect . Nealy got pulled out of the tinny by a Dogtooth , it was sounding in 700 mtr water . @Feenix

Sometimes you just have to let them go. Bet it was a fun ride before he headed down.That reef is risen from some deep water. No telling what will come up from 1200+ meters. I was lucky to have the Gulfstream running over the offshore humps that brought in most of the pelagics from around the world..
:pass:

One thing about what we're doing, is basically avoiding surprises. The gear and methods we use are really selective for our target species. Not to say it never happens though. Sharks, large halibut, even a large ling cod can be a hassle to deal with. I'd still someday like to hook a big tuna or billfish on sport gear. Sounds I know who to call on:):pass:

Back