Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

We're supposed to get a few sunny days coming up. Foggy here but should burn off...
The Z6 x Erdebei x Haze, I managed to squeeze in and get both. @StickMan
DSCN5516.JPG
DSCN5514.JPG

DSCN5520.JPG

The Leb 27 's are forming up nicely
DSCN5525.JPG

DSCN5522.JPG

DSCN5523.JPG

Stlll have some autos going. This is C99 x Freezeland,
DSCN5521.JPG

And IPCBD x Haze
DSCN5526.JPG

Last edited:
The Z6 x Erdebei x Haze @StickMan. Getting a sun bath today...flower progressing nicely I think
DSCN5545.JPG

DSCN5547.JPG

Here's the taller one about the same stage, those fat buds are on the Leb
DSCN5543.JPG

Here's the triploid C99 x Freezeland. She's had some goofy training but looking pretty cool:haha:
DSCN5550.JPG

I was chatting to another member here about the root restriction thing too, and trying to figure out the why of it.

Since it is apical tissue, in particular meristematic root tissue, what signals are given out when the root cap hits an immovable object? This tissue has cells that rapidly divide to push the root through the soil. So is there a signal of some kind when the roots hit something, that then triggers the meristematic tissue at the apical points to begin to flower? (Oh no I'm out of room better get to work proliferating the species)?

But then how does that work in plants grown in a liquid medium?

I have looked into some articles but can't find info without a rather more intense search.
The big catch to all this is the individual nature of each plant. What if there's a "get it done" gene that crops up now and then across the genetic spectrum. As you said, biological imperative is the driver. Maybe call it the "smart " gene

:smokeout: :d5: J-Ray it's looking fantastic up there! :greenthumb: :clapper:.... The girls are doing their thing- :dancer: :hump:..... and it's Sept. already :)eek1:) = get-busy month! Time to tell the girls to hike up their skirts, ditch the heels and get some hustle on- :coffee: :rofl:... how long before the light and T are outta line?
C99a x Freezeland sounds like a Stick cross to me, custom made for the North... Do you mean she has triplet node branching? Those can be fun, especially if it holds in bloom!

I was chatting to another member here about the root restriction thing too, and trying to figure out the why of it.

Since it is apical tissue, in particular meristematic root tissue, what signals are given out when the root cap hits an immovable object? This tissue has cells that rapidly divide to push the root through the soil. So is there a signal of some kind when the roots hit something, that then triggers the meristematic tissue at the apical points to begin to flower? (Oh no I'm out of room better get to work proliferating the species)?

But then how does that work in plants grown in a liquid medium?

I have looked into some articles but can't find info without a rather more intense search.

I was hoping someone would have the right lingo for that, thanks RG :thumbsup:It does seem to be up to the strain how the plants react. Some don't seem to notice 'tight shoes' :biggrin: much. Like my neighbors photos that I'm watching. Humboldt County plants.They are big beautiful plants in tiny pots lol and only a few have sexed yet. Not sure why he wants to grow that here lol. But these Danes (also photo ) I think are customize-able to ones needs. I'm getting lots of seed from them so will be trying things next season. I'm interested what they would do under 24hr sun if we can get Trail to try em.:smoking:

Hmmm, well if fabric pots can offer a lesson here: root tips will work around most any obstruction, you know how creepy powerful they can be, busting through cracks in concrete, etc.,...or just wadding up into a solid mass! Only thing that really stops them is air exposure, which just makes then divert root growth to laterals,...even then, the root ball can become absolutely solid. All my fabric pots are packed to the surface by bloom,.... As for triggering effects, I have doubts there,.. that is still controlled by light/dark hormone response (J', why your friends plants are lagging in setting bloom), but once blooming, I believe the "tight shoes" things is a mitigating factor in bloom speed... I think this is why many of my plants finish ahead of claimed times, the pot restrictions,.. Look at Skelly and his in-ground monsters, unrestricted... even if his initiate about the same time as mine ( despite the major Lat. differences and consequent day/night hours and the speed of that change as season progresses), his take far longer regardless... The Green Poison F1FV is a good case in point for this, even given that his night T's are much cooler which brings everything down a couple notches for activity metabolically....(in-ground here is what saves him I think, soil isn't that cold down deep yet; pots would be much worse for this).... And of course, triggering sensitivity is in play with all this as well,...My wonder plant this year is the GorillaBreath; she started bloom sooner than anything I've had to date, FV's included, and for sure will be done first! I am baffled, there's nothing in her background that should make her so,... a freak pheno'? ...possibly,...:shrug:... another example, the Outdoor Grapefruit I grew last year in 7gal pot.... strongly sativa-dom, last to start bloom, largest by far, but yet she finished 2 weeks sooner than claimed times suggested! Female Seeds folks were blown away :doh: :biggrin:.... I guess I won't know for sure until I grow in larger pots, same strains, apples-to-apples, but I expect the hypothesis to hold,...:smoking:

We're supposed to get a few sunny days coming up. Foggy here but should burn off...
The Z6 x Erdebei x Haze, I managed to squeeze in and get both. @StickMan View attachment 1096414 View attachment 1096415
View attachment 1096416
The Leb 27 's are forming up nicelyView attachment 1096417
View attachment 1096418
View attachment 1096419
Stlll have some autos going. This is C99 x Freezeland,View attachment 1096420
And IPCBD x Haze
View attachment 1096421
Impressive Jrav. Day's getting shorter, cooler, greenhouse looking good
The outdoor Monk. Pistils are just starting to darken up top View attachment 1096611 View attachment 1096607
View attachment 1096617
Looks like some sunny days to come:thumbsup::pass:
whata day!, whata girl
The Z6 x Erdebei x Haze @StickMan. Getting a sun bath today...flower progressing nicely I think View attachment 1097663
View attachment 1097664
Here's the taller one about the same stage, those fat buds are on the Leb
View attachment 1097666
Here's the triploid C99 x Freezeland. She's had some goofy training but looking pretty cool:haha:
View attachment 1097668
Am I ever glad to be watching you finish up, my grow just ended and I'm jonesing already:shrug:
My strategy.....
keep sampling:chimp:

:smokeout: :d5: J-Ray it's looking fantastic up there! :greenthumb: :clapper:.... The girls are doing their thing- :dancer: :hump:..... and it's Sept. already :)eek1:) = get-busy month! Time to tell the girls to hike up their skirts, ditch the heels and get some hustle on- :coffee: :rofl:... how long before the light and T are outta line?
C99a x Freezeland sounds like a Stick cross to me, custom made for the North... Do you mean she has triplet node branching? Those can be fun, especially if it holds in bloom!

Hmmm, well if fabric pots can offer a lesson here: root tips will work around most any obstruction, you know how creepy powerful they can be, busting through cracks in concrete, etc.,...or just wadding up into a solid mass! Only thing that really stops them is air exposure, which just makes then divert root growth to laterals,...even then, the root ball can become absolutely solid. All my fabric pots are packed to the surface by bloom,.... As for triggering effects, I have doubts there,.. that is still controlled by light/dark hormone response (J', why your friends plants are lagging in setting bloom), but once blooming, I believe the "tight shoes" things is a mitigating factor in bloom speed... I think this is why many of my plants finish ahead of claimed times, the pot restrictions,.. Look at Skelly and his in-ground monsters, unrestricted... even if his initiate about the same time as mine ( despite the major Lat. differences and consequent day/night hours and the speed of that change as season progresses), his take far longer regardless... The Green Poison F1FV is a good case in point for this, even given that his night T's are much cooler which brings everything down a couple notches for activity metabolically....(in-ground here is what saves him I think, soil isn't that cold down deep yet; pots would be much worse for this).... And of course, triggering sensitivity is in play with all this as well,...My wonder plant this year is the GorillaBreath; she started bloom sooner than anything I've had to date, FV's included, and for sure will be done first! I am baffled, there's nothing in her background that should make her so,... a freak pheno'? ...possibly,...:shrug:... another example, the Outdoor Grapefruit I grew last year in 7gal pot.... strongly sativa-dom, last to start bloom, largest by far, but yet she finished 2 weeks sooner than claimed times suggested! Female Seeds folks were blown away :doh: :biggrin:.... I guess I won't know for sure until I grow in larger pots, same strains, apples-to-apples, but I expect the hypothesis to hold,...:smoking:
I have a couple good weeks, then it'll be petering out...the light quality and temp on the way down. No freeze to worry about. Greenhouse will be good till the end of the month I hope. Then I have the solarium as back-up. The Z6( photo)and the c99/freezeland (late start) yes from Stick, may need that at the end. 'Triplet node branching' that's what I meant:smoking:she's still doing it at the top but not the branches:crying:
I'll admit I'm grasping at straws, with the danes, trying to explain why they would trigger with such long daylight ,15+ hrs . :shrug:What you say about the tight shoes seems to hold the smaller pots quicker bloom time. The ones ( the danes still) in the biggest pots are taking longer and producing bigger buds too, still stacking.

Impressive Jrav. Day's getting shorter, cooler, greenhouse looking good

whata day!, whata girl

Am I ever glad to be watching you finish up, my grow just ended and I'm jonesing already:shrug:
My strategy.....
keep sampling:chimp:
Thanks my friend. I'm just getting to the nail-biting part hehe, feeling the season turning even though we are getting some good weather right now:cheers: I'd say you may be doing a lot of sampling after your big take...if you're like me once I knew I had enough to get through the winter I started smoking way more:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back