Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Jraven, mate you would have twilight up there so extended sun/daylight, sounds like your on a road trip
Yep smokey tons of twilight in Southeast Alaska this time of year. I'm not real happy being away right now but it is what it is:smoking:we just gotta roll with it:thumbsup:

This trip didn't start out too good. We got busted at the Canada border :yoinks: for some reason my wife declared that she had a cbd vape pen which is completely legal in both countries, and the whole western coast of North America is legal rec pot. Next thing I knew they were pawing through my stuff and found about 6 different tiny weed samples which I had along accidentally in a satchel I had been taking back and forth to work. I usually have my shit more together when crossing the border but I got complacent. So now I have a record in CA. Other than that no big deal the officials were totally polite and civilized and it took about an hour of our time.
So, remember even though things are easing up in the states the borders are still in the asshole age:pass:I'm just glad this didn't happen at the U.S. border...that would have been a whole different story. Those people are sick.

Last edited:
Jraven, mate, that is crazy, when its legal in CA, and most US states. Luckly it wasnt the US border then, if they are worse, since its legal should not problem at either borders. Have to watch them from now on

Twlight will be great, extended sun hours for the girls

So, remember even though things are easing up in the states the borders are still in the asshole age:pass:I'm just glad this didn't happen at the U.S. border...that would have been a whole different story. Those people are sick.

It's just as illegal to cross state lines with cannabis, even if both states are legal. Still Federal transporting charges.

Yee Haw Merica.

It's just as illegal to cross state lines with cannabis, even if both states are legal. Still Federal transporting charges.

Yee Haw Merica.
Yep I guess we're still in the process lol. I was thinking it was ironic to get popped now after a lifetime of toking, but you're right borders are still borders nothings changed there:eyebrows: customs have always held a "special" place in my heart:cuss:

Soooo, here's a little story that goes I used to be a freight hopping crusty punk. Guess who got brought into the back room at every boarder crossing?

"Sir, stand on the yellow square on the floor and hold your hands out at your sides."

:crying:

Had to put me on the next bus.

Yeah it always seemed like they spotted me a mile away lol. Since we've been an old grey haired couple in a less beat up vehicle it's been a little better. Probably why I let good practice slide this time:shrug:

Anyway, we're kicked back here with friends in the big city, got lots of stuff to do both work and fun. And the U.S. border crossing this time was the fastest wave-through ever:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep my friend a reminder of what the government thinks of our medicine an that feeling is worldwide .When I was fighting for my right to grow in my trailer park home I was constantly reminded tha5 federal dollars would be used to turn it into a safe place for people an my grow was an example of what they didn't want an even though the state approved it an registered it the feds didn't like it an would stop me an bust my disabled ass to the dirt .I told em before it was legal I got charged with manufacturing marijuana an before that I had received a huge number of arrests for possession an even then I knew I did nothing wrong .I said if the feds wanna bust a disabled man for a legal med grow an lock me up an put me in jail I've been there before an will go again an be back at it once I'm out an this isn't the early 90s an I'm not goin to hide anymore .They looked at me like I was crazy but couldn't lock me up anymore or harass me an my grow is still goin eventually we will all win right is right an that system is wrong .

Back