Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Good stuff @Jraven

Do you think it was the dark nights that triggered the Monks, or them getting rootbound? My experience with them is that almost instantly their roots start circling in the bottom of the pot they hit flower, especially males.

This combined with the best mold resistance I've seen to date makes them great for breeding for challenging climates. And as you've seen they can grow to 2-3 meter trees as well. Then again Denmark got a good microclimate, and they can grow like m*thrfeckers down there.

Leb27 is a bit later and I've really had to root restrain it to be able to finish here at 60n Western-Norway. Smoke is absolutely stellar though, and the purple colours are ridiculous as you can see on the HfH website. A cross of your earliest Monk and Leb27 might be a good mix.

Danes in order of earliness in my experience:

Thypoon purple pheno
Thypoon
Monk
RoyalNepal (Royal Dane X Nepal made by b0m in Norway)
Nepal
Royal Dane
Early Dane
Danish Passion
Leb27 Indica pheno
Leb27 Sativa pheno
Læsø Sativa

Hello @puffy . I would guess it was light-related rather than root-bound. I kept up pretty good on the up-potting but the light I'm not so sure of...this was my first time with starting photos under an artificial light cycle. they were getting 18/6 for 3 weeks or more, then came out to the poor-quality natural light.
I started another round of both leb and monk with a shorter time under lights (and 20/4) just to see what happens
I have some Leb27 in 3 gallon pots, that should restrict them a bit? And one in 7 gallons and a pair in a 10 gallon we'll see what happens but with the greenhouse-extended season they should be good. Also have early males of each strain, and will use them.
The Leb27's did not all fully trigger, some seem like just normal pre-flower with just a hair or two showing,and they look real nice. All the males showed.
It will be interesting to see what the second round plants do with a later start...they usually seem to do better here. I am leaving for a few weeks and I'm hoping they they don't get all risque while I'm gone but I think with the better start and quicker transplant they will hold off on all that:thumbsup:

Here's some Leb27 beauty
P_20190519_070158.jpg

P_20190519_070234.jpg

Here's a second round monk in 7 gallons, these will be going outside for the season
P_20190519_070209.jpg

These monks have been outdoor for a couple nights. They are taking it in stride @45/10 degrees overnight
View attachment 1060997
my second round is feeling those conditions as well I've actually had it a lil lower at times they will handle it but I would prefer a warmer spring obviously hoping for sun yo way friend.

Hello Jraven, Girls are looking great, that's good they can take the temps outdoors like that 10c is not a problem for them.:pass:
Hey smokey :toke: Yep they can take it, but it's not optimal:smoking: The Danes don't seem to mind the low temps at all. What really slows them down is the poor light...we've just had brief sunbreaks since they've been in the greenhouse. I'll be starting some more autos when I get back and they should have some better conditions:pass:

Hey Jraven, I think light is most important, had a bit of cloudy start also but is kinda cloudy again a bit soaked , had to wheel the girls in form the rain. They are tougher than i thought, so I think they should be fine here coldest so far is 13c in their enclosure at night.

Any idea what autos you will be growning this time :pass:

Back