Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Yeah, like mentioned in PM, Monk is like a f*ck off to the elements you, I and others struggle against. The smoke and leafyness must be crossed out of it though.

I used those 18l square black pots where you can pack 20 in your pocket. Got them from eBay, Amazon and Aliexpress. Had drainage in bottom, but not on the sides like airpots or some vowen offers.
I think it would be great to have something that would grow al fresco here. And I have neighbors who grow OD who are looking for hardy genetics this should be helpful to them too

I think it would be great to have something that would grow al fresco here. And I have neighbors who grow OD who are looking for hardy genetics this should be helpful to them too

Well, Monk is your man then. The most hardy genetics I've ever encountered (and yeah, GG#2, GG#1, GG#3, DonkeyDick, [HASHTAG]#Mighty[/HASHTAG] Mite etc...I've tried all of these so called early and hardy strains and they wouldn't last until harvest in the conditions where Monk, Thypoon, Nepal, RoyalNepal etc. were bred).

And "Early" Pearl and "Early" girl? Beeeeyatch, please - they might be early and hardy if you grow at latitude 53 and southwards. For the 58-63 latitude you need something entirely different.

You know how Thypoon were bred by Tanska and Dyr? They left the plant to openly pollinate, just left them out there over the winter and then bred on the ones that self-sprouted and finished the seasons after. Bad thing about Thypoon and the open pollination is the hermies they let sneak in. Purebreed Thypoon, and you will have the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] strain for 58-65 deg. north.

Haven't updated much @hecno :toke: but I just got these out of the cab and transplanted a leb 27 and two monks :pass:
P_20190421_144809.jpg

I recommend saving the greenhouse for the LEB27. A moose could stand pissing on Monk continuously from Jule to September and it still wouldn't rot. Besides it can grow ridiculously big.

One thing though: Be very carefull about letting the Danes get rootbound before transplant, that will often trigger flower and they don't turn back, or if they do they never recover.

What kind of pot are you planning for the Leb27? 20-25 liters should be enough to make them grow big (you've seen the pics from the HFH site, they can get real big if left in open ground) but still force them to finish 2+ weeks ahead of schedule.

Probably mentioned it in two posts and one PM already, but do try to make sexytime between Monk and Leb, and if you have some autos lurking around try some mixes with them as well.
I will give the most vigorous Leb27's 26 or 36 liter fabric pots the others will be @11 liter plastic pots. Same with the monks. I'm hoping to do a 20 gallon tote outside with multiple plants just for fun. I may have goofed up the first round. I have the seedling cabinet at 18/6 hours for the autos, so the photos may get triggered anyway when they come out (?)

I will give the most vigorous Leb27's 26 or 36 liter fabric pots the others will be @11 liter plastic pots. Same with the monks. I'm hoping to do a 20 gallon tote outside with multiple plants just for fun. I may have goofed up the first round. I have the seedling cabinet at 18/6 hours for the autos, so the photos may get triggered anyway when they come out (?)

I wouldn't recommend keeping the Danish strains on less than 20\4. Especially when in small containers (really try to avoid getting them rootbound).

I wouldn't recommend keeping the Danish strains on less than 20\4. Especially when in small containers (really try to avoid getting them rootbound).
I'm kind of stuck with the on/off hours but have been up-potting before they get restricted I believe unless they are very touchy about it. So you think they should be getting more light hours in the cabinet? There is a lot I don't know about photos and artificial light, I haven't really done it before.

Back