Indoor Jay does 5 x Sour Bubblies and one Inc Bulk, easy2GO w/biotabs

@slowandeasy , here you go. Hope it helps, doing just tabs not full kit.
I just got the full starter kit. I like that you can reuse your coco without cleaning it out. They say you just cut your plant off a little below the soil, add the soil admendments and BioTabs, and stick your plant in it.

I just got the full starter kit. I like that you can reuse your coco without cleaning it out. They say you just cut your plant off a little below the soil, add the soil admendments and BioTabs, and stick your plant in it.
Thats pretty much how i reuse my Hempy's, cut out the stalk about 4-5 inches down in the medium, and refill hole with fresh coco. Plant next grow directly into the fresh coco. Has been working well for a couple grows. Oh and i use zyme to break down dead roots.

Thats pretty much how i reuse my Hempy's, cut out the stalk about 4-5 inches down in the medium, and refill hole with fresh coco. Plant next grow directly into the fresh coco. Has been working well for a couple grows. Oh and i use zyme to break down dead roots.
Yea I'm sure one of those soil admenments that the starter kit comes with has something like zyme in it to help break down the roots.

Yeah agree with you Hemi about the way you can re-use the pots, very good. I may go for the full kit in the future. Definitely going to be using some zyme style product on current soil as they'll be want to much root matter in there after two runs IMO.

That can then cook for a while, as next run will be coco.

I got some barley extract:

upload_2017-2-26_12-37-5.jpeg

"Barley Clear is a highly concentrated suspension of natural barley and peat plus natural activators that quickly unleash the power of barley and peat into the water. Phenolic compounds found in the Barley naturally clears the pond. Barley Clear also helps maintain the natural carbon balance, which stabilizes water quality and maintains clear water. Clears water naturally. Clears murky water. Contains natural clarifiers"

I'm going to add to the tray rez to remove the algae that's there, apparently the bales do much larger volumes and take a lot longer to get going, so not an option. Going to use that to clear up, using the recirculating pump to vacuum out, then put layer of plastic black white sheeting on top of the pots to ensure this problem doesn't arise again. May even be beneficial up top, as having the white on the bottom will be more reflective than what's currently there.

:pimp:

May even be beneficial up top, as having the white on the bottom will be more reflective than what's currently there.

Wine growers do that a lot, reflective stones under the vines to help ripen the lower down grapes. I've been thinking about doing something similar only round the top of the pots to try and fatten up those lower buds which always seem a bit fluffy.

Yeah agree with you Hemi about the way you can re-use the pots, very good. I may go for the full kit in the future. Definitely going to be using some zyme style product on current soil as they'll be want to much root matter in there after two runs IMO.

That can then cook for a while, as next run will be coco.

I got some barley extract:

View attachment 707836

"Barley Clear is a highly concentrated suspension of natural barley and peat plus natural activators that quickly unleash the power of barley and peat into the water. Phenolic compounds found in the Barley naturally clears the pond. Barley Clear also helps maintain the natural carbon balance, which stabilizes water quality and maintains clear water. Clears water naturally. Clears murky water. Contains natural clarifiers"

I'm going to add to the tray rez to remove the algae that's there, apparently the bales do much larger volumes and take a lot longer to get going, so not an option. Going to use that to clear up, using the recirculating pump to vacuum out, then put layer of plastic black white sheeting on top of the pots to ensure this problem doesn't arise again. May even be beneficial up top, as having the white on the bottom will be more reflective than what's currently there.

:pimp:

I would go easy, very easy, on the barley straw extract..... Not saying it's snake oil.... but....

http://extension.psu.edu/natural-resources/water/ponds/barley-straw

Or
googleit.png
so you have someone within easy reach if things go pear shaped.... Lol

Back