Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Awesome Mitch thanks for the update.

Sour Blues sounds very tasty.

Mitch, what are your initial thoughts on the HS1 LED's?

The seeds..... I vote for Sour Blues, sounds much better than something from a street corner in a shady hood Blade Runner style under a grey, leaden sky..... Lol

thanks!

well the hs1's were our first encounter first hand with LED tech.
the units certainly seem to be a nicely designed piece of kit with quality components.

When you open them up you see the Philips driver, and we know that Philips make great grow related lighting.
for bulbs at least they are our go to brand.

I guess the main thing for us is going to be adapting our environment to fit this type of lighting.
its not news to anyone that there's a significant dip in temperatures using led.
but it was something we should have anticipated better into the plan.

basically after years with hps, (and our usual setup) we can more or less grow on autopilot with our eyes closed and its just a case of keeping an eye on the plants to water and feed appropriately.

I guess it's the growers 6th sense, I don't need a thermometer to tell me it's too hot or cold or a hygrometer to tell me it's too humid, you can just tell.

for the shape and spread of the lighting footprint from the hs1's for a flat sog or scrog, I do think 4 units is the way to go/grow. But that's another trial needed to confirm that thought.

but even then if 280 watts total came close to the results of a single 600w hps I would be very impressed.

the plants grew, and whilst under the leds didn't even have a single feed, but with better environment and the plants being worked harder I don't think that would be the case.

it wasn't planned to do the sour blues cross with that batch of plants, but infact it worked out well, the plants were healthy and at the perfect stage of development for pollination.

they now reside under hps and in a couple of weeks should be ready for harvest.

I was pretty depressed by both tents at certain times but I actually learnt a lot about the strain so was invaluable learning.

gbd once made a thread titled 'sour crack torture test' but I think it would have been more fitting for this one!

anyway, I haven't at all been put off, quite the opposite, it's firing me to nail an LED grow.

Awesome Mitch thanks for the update.

Sour Blues sounds very tasty.

thanks man! Could be a nice combination for a sog suited strain.

cheers!

Hi Mitch, Glad to hear you're inspired to perfect you LED grow skills. When you weigh your harvest wet what ratio do you use to calculate you dry weight and how accurate is it? I have to tell you I've struggled with my most recent grow (or I'll say the plants have struggled I've watched) and of the 5 strains I planted your Auto Blues are the champs. I had brown slime kill off all of my roots and the Auto Blues are regrowing roots like mad. Cheers!

I always use the 25% of wet weight conversion.
has always been accurate for me.

it depends on the plants though, I weighed that total when I had reduced any stalks down, and half of it was spin pro'd which basically means any stalks are removed,

glad you're liking the autoblues!

I love the Auto Blues and now I want to try your Sour Blues. You gotta stop doing this to me. :slaps:

I think this next time I'll start in 1.5 litres into 12 litres.
not so densely packed.
brand new parabolic is already inside the hps tent.

Indoor temps are pretty nice right now but a month from now we'll definitely be starting to creep into the hot range.

i've also been toying with the idea of a 4 or 6 plant scrog...

ahh decisions decisions :)

Hummmm, I might try this route soon, 6 or so girls in a SoG. Not sure what strain I should do?.. More decisions.. Just need to finish up on a few projects and I'll give it a go. What's to lose?.. I will start a journal on that one so all you guys can point me in the right diredtion!.

U been run some more SOG test's ? Thinking of do one myself with sour crack.

Back