Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

I just bought new gravitas 600s in February but if I can get the same results or better with 6 or 8 of these in a 5x8 area I'm sold. That would 420w to 560w replacing 1200!!! And at around half the price I thought they were I'm very much in awe of the grow northern products.

Once again thank you Mitch and the whole mephisto team, and everyone else here at afn.

Now I just have to come up with $530 x 6 or 8..... lol might be a while.

Love and respect to all, Cheers!

I don't agree you need 4 HS1s to replace a 600w HPS. I'm just about to finish the first full grow with 2 HS1s and it's looking like I will be close to 3 grams per watt used.
I think for a Sog or Scrog grow 3 will easy match the 600w HPS.

That's just it, Im not say it's a negative thing that 6 or 8 would be needed for my setup to replace two 600s, as long as it does what's advertised or expected.

Power is my limiting factor, I really don't want to rewire my garage but I want more pot... lol

I would love to have 4 600s in a 8x8 but if these fixtures rock my socks off I will be able to run an 8x8 using maybe only 9 fixtures totalling 630watts!!

Honestly at the price point I would start with 6 replacing the two 600s and if I'm able to do well I can get three more and buy an 8x8. My dream tent.

Still astonishing even if I need to buy 9 fixtures....

Tang you are the led master btw I tip my hat to you sir.

I am now believing that in a little bit larger ten say a 5x5 tent . 4 of these fixtures at just 280 watts could probably out do a 1kw hid....

That's what I have been hoping for ever since the first leds appeared on the market in the early 2000s

That's just it, Im not say it's a negative thing that 6 or 8 would be needed for my setup to replace two 600s, as long as it does what's advertised or expected.

Power is my limiting factor, I really don't want to rewire my garage but I want more pot... lol

I would love to have 4 600s in a 8x8 but if these fixtures rock my socks off I will be able to run an 8x8 using maybe only 9 fixtures totalling 630watts!!

Honestly at the price point I would start with 6 replacing the two 600s and if I'm able to do well I can get three more and buy an 8x8. My dream tent.

Still astonishing even if I need to buy 9 fixtures....

Tang you are the led master btw I tip my hat to you sir.

I am now believing that in a little bit larger ten say a 5x5 tent . 4 of these fixtures at just 280 watts could probably out do a 1kw hid....

That's what I have been hoping for ever since the first leds appeared on the market in the early 2000s

No negativity felt bro I love the vibe in this thread,it's been full of sharing and learning which is what we are here for.
LEDs have defiantly advanced hugely over the last 3 years and there are a lot to choose from.

with led panel's an inch or two in height adjustment, can make a large difference, two hs1's seem to come very close to the 600w, three would blow it away, and at a total of just 225 watt's , the saving's would pay for two out of three unit's in the first year, and over the life expectancy of the unit's, in the second year they would be paid for, and you would have more money to buy seed's:grin: for a small grower like myself, I can get by with cheaper panel's, but I would love to own two hs1's:cool: the initial outlay is the tough part, if you can make it over that hump then the saving's begin. even on a commercial level. :Sharing One:

I just bought new gravitas 600s in February but if I can get the same results or better with 6 or 8 of these in a 5x8 area I'm sold. That would 420w to 560w replacing 1200!!! And at around half the price I thought they were I'm very much in awe of the grow northern products.

Once again thank you Mitch and the whole mephisto team, and everyone else here at afn.

Now I just have to come up with $530 x 6 or 8..... lol might be a while.

Love and respect to all, Cheers!
Another factor..I was watching a show with the owner of gravita on it and he say you should not onlyh change your bulb but also the reflrctor 1nc a year cuz 60% of the light given off is reflected light and the coatings of ALL reflectors degrades taking 5% of harvest a year and add that to 5% from an old bulb ..on the up side garvitas parts to change out are like 35$

I'll have an update soon guys , I just left my camera in the city after spannabis :)

Yean man there defiantly seems to be less Calmag problems under the HS1s,I have had it appear on the Chem city blues and the BlackBerry Kush but as soon as I added Calmag suppliment (Density Calmag pro) it halted,in the past under the Modular Series I would feed Calmag from the moment it appeared and never really dial it in and end up with crispy leaves lol. The Chemdogging and the auto Euphoria I'm growing now have had no Calmag suppliment added there happy on what's in the base nutes.

Nice vid!

D54 from sprout -

A few shots of the led ladies:
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436794-ledsc1s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436795-ledsc2s.jpg

Hps - This girl is from the outer edges, taller, less developed, Greener and hella frosty -
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436796-hpssc3s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436797-hpssc4s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436798-hpssc5s.jpg

Now developmentally speaking, the slowest from these outer rows, are about on par with the fastest flowering in the LED tent.
Here's a plant from the HPS but under the light, there's the yellowing we couldn't keep on top of but then again, not so so far away from being harvestable
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436803-hpssc6s.jpg

And HPS comparisons, these are the average examples of the difference between those getting good or even too intense light, and those that stretched more and getting less lumens -
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture436804-hpssc7s.jpg

I think the HPS tent will all go to make concentrates.
But i'm in a bit of a dilemma, the LED plants being behind, actually place them in a good window to be pollinated.... And in that case will be worth a lot more to us than the bud to smoke.

Back