Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Same here! CalMag totally cured the ills my plants had. This is the first grow I've used CalMag, and the grow is super healthy, with no discolored leaves, spots, etc, like I always had before.

To be honest with you, we've never used calmag ever, and it's rare they get Epsom salts.
I'm not planning to use either this grow.

however I do suspect our water contains high levels of these naturally.

cheers

Proberly running through them rich mountains pulling out all the minerals, what ever is in it seems to do the job very well. If you wanted to check it this is a Spanish supplier of all types of test kits, have linked to the Cal Mg one but if you scroll down they got all types.

http://www.infoagro.com/instrumentos_medida/medidor.asp?id=133

Thanks for the link Spanglish, we thought about finding a lab, but then we thought it may not be worthwhile as the contents may change a little seasonally and the like.

but a little test kit could be worthwhile, knowledge is power :)

Thanks for the link Spanglish, we thought about finding a lab, but then we thought it may not be worthwhile as the contents may change a little seasonally and the like.

but a little test kit could be worthwhile, knowledge is power :)

No problem bud, when that knowledge is shared it makes us all stronger ;)

From what I can gather, there doesn't seem to be many reported cases of CalMag def with the HS1, I'm sure it's got something to do with the diffuser. I'm sure Tang can clear this up better.

From what I can gather, there doesn't seem to be many reported cases of CalMag def with the HS1, I'm sure it's got something to do with the diffuser. I'm sure Tang can clear this up better.

Yean man there defiantly seems to be less Calmag problems under the HS1s,I have had it appear on the Chem city blues and the BlackBerry Kush but as soon as I added Calmag suppliment (Density Calmag pro) it halted,in the past under the Modular Series I would feed Calmag from the moment it appeared and never really dial it in and end up with crispy leaves lol. The Chemdogging and the auto Euphoria I'm growing now have had no Calmag suppliment added there happy on what's in the base nutes.

Day 41, A few random photos.

LED tent, still looking really healthy on plain water. temps have been 75-77 degrees.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture432274-led1gen-s.jpg

hps tent - 4 rows in this tent are looking about on track, not as fast as our usual sour crack runs, but not too bad. The front and rear rows have really stretched a lot more than we've ever seen the sour cracks do, and hence are behind in development.

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture432272-hpsgen1-s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture432273-hpsgen2-s.jpg

I'm really starting to think about the next SOG already, and for it to go just right. Getting a bit sad about this one, but on the bright side, Learnt ALOT so far.
I think the old style reflectors we use really are more appropriate for this style. sometimes you think a new fangled pricier reflector will bring something to it, but in actual fact it hasn't. not that it's a bad reflector at all, but it's just not best suited to this grow style.

Cheers!

May i suggest a Deep Blue C Sog run. If You catch the Pheno of my First Tester run would be Awesome a Tent full of Spear Colas. And that one might be easy to hit as i really only discovered 2 Phenos in the Batch That Spear Pheno and a very very dominant Blues Pheno which is supersweet( i just tested a few smokes of it).

I'm thinking 24c, as it was the original strain we intended for SOG use! But mmm, you've got me thinking now :)

Back