Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Hey guys, as previously stated Mitch and his crew have a business to run which is not light testing. It would be a shame to see other vendors like Mitch being scared off form posting a grow like this because of potential negative attention around their "brand".

Lots of folks here purchase more than one LED so maybe one of them can start a testing thread and design a test run that meets your criteria.

TaNg and GN have been on site for a long time before the leaders of AFN decided they considered that more vendor representation might be useful for the general membership. Mars is the first trial of that and Mossy created a structure that would allow additional vendors to be added if successful.

I for one would rather see Mitch's team focused on producing more great genetics which is clearly their strength from what I have already grown vs. light testing

Well said oldster.

Site business is not up for discussion in Public forums.

if your not happy with the way the site is set up and run take it up with Staff

If you are not happy with the way site is set up Leave..:dunno:..Set your own site up and do it your Own way.

mephisto..sorry your thread is being hijacked..:no:..I'll tidy it up for you so you can get back on track

Ta mossy, wasn't intending to be at the centre of any controversy:)
but Aslong as it doesn't affect the site I don't mind people discussing in here. I've learnt somethings so far

Sorry if I've contributed to any turmoil on the site. No offense meant.

Ta mossy, wasn't intending to be at the centre of any controversy:)
but Aslong as it doesn't affect the site I don't mind people discussing in here. I've learnt somethings so far

The Mephisto guys are so cool!!! :) .... I need to put on extra layers before visiting their threads!!
:rofl:

:hug:

Nice clean up Mossy!

I think it is so funny that a couple of lights can stir up so much fuss...lol
Its like my father is stronger than yours...lol

Now Mitch lets give us some more pictures got damnit!! ;=)

The beaver

you ask you get :)

Here's some photos from earlier today, day 37 from sprout;

First up one of the more advanced plants from the rows of shorter plants in the HPS tent
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture430529-hpsnewclose-s.jpg

This is what we have come to know as the standard for Sour crack in terms of development and stature. The closest and furthest row away have really become quite lanky, which isn't typical for this strain, and we've grown her ALOT!
A few reasons I think could explain..
Starting them in this bigger sized pots under the 600w, in effect, they really grew a bit 'too well' early on, ordinarily great!, but when you want to keep things nice and tight in a SOG, not what we needed.
Also, I think whilst these two rows in question are being lit okay, the OG shade really focuses the light pretty intensely underneath itself, so there's a big difference in intensity which diminishes pretty rapidly the further you get away from it.
But I think what will end up happening is a staggered harvest, the short stocky ones first, and after another 10 days the taller ones. So it's not a major headache, During the summer trial I'm 100% going to revert to the old shade and starting plants in smaller pots to begin with.

Here's how they look as a whole, today I did more defoliating, and another re-arrange in there. They've had 4 feeds now, this most recent one was 5ml bloom, 2.5ml grow per litre.

Photo taken before the re-arrange -
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture430530-hpsnewfulls.jpg

now the led, these have also displayed more stretch than we are familiar with, but the difference in height isn't as dramatic from the shortest to the tallest, around 10cm. These have still had nothing but plain water.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture430532-lednewfulls.jpg

I noticed the first bits of resin appearing on them today
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture430531-lednewclose-s.jpg

Cheers for now!

Thanks you Mitch.

Nice photos of very nice plants.

You got some photos after you re-arrange them in the hps tent?

I love the resin in the first picture...crazy for this early on :)

Love
Justin

Nice update, wow that sour crack is looking awesome

Back