Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

d34 update!

Just a couple of pics for today, Next update i'll get some lights off tent shots.

An example of an led grown sour Crack up first -
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture429663-led-close-2s.jpg

Just the very beginnings of flowering taking place -
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture429662-led-close-1s.jpg

Through sheer busy-ness the HPS tent was allowed to get very dry this last week, They were given a good feed but some plants showing their dislike.
Flowers are on their way though!
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture429661-hps-close-2s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture429660-hps-close-1s.jpg

cheers all!

after following this great thread:kusht:from the beginning:Sharing One:it is apparent that the 600 watt
hps has a distinct advantage, to me. I feel that in order to produce the same rate of growth, a third hs1 would have to be put in the room"My 2 cents" that would bring 225 led watt's to bare, against 600 watt hps, still a large saving's on electricity:thumbs: and as you mentioned, in the summer month's in spain, a better choice for keeping thing's cool:cool:after the initial cost for a third hs1, you would start
saving money immeditley, and produce at least the same, and possibly better result's. I am 63 years old and on disability, so I cant afford to buy three hs1's , but I would love to have them, over any combination of streetlight's you can put together:grin: mh and hps is tech from the nineteenth century, it work's but there are better light's available now In the 21 st century."My 2 cents" ok I am stepping down off of my soapbox.:grin::peace:

To me there is no point any longer in trying to compare the 2 light sources, given the different temperatures so far. But interesting to see how it turns out and how Mitch evaluates this at the end.

To me there is no point any longer in trying to compare the 2 light sources, given the different temperatures so far. But interesting to see how it turns out and how Mitch evaluates this at the end.

I agree with you size and speed wise but it's still worth while comparing overall health,colour and resin coverage in growth also if there is any difference in quality with the final product.

I would like to see this same trial run keeping the LED tent about 5 degrees F warmer than the HPS tent, lights on 24/7 and hydro so watering frequency doesnt mess up the results....

I agree with you size and speed wise but it's still worth while comparing overall health,colour and resin coverage in growth also if there is any difference in quality with the final product.

Sure, but given the various variables so far, it will be a matter of collateral multiple known unknowns.....to paraphrase an illustrious ancient warrior chieftain.........!

I would like to see this same trial run keeping the LED tent about 5 degrees F warmer than the HPS tent, lights on 24/7 and hydro so watering frequency doesnt mess up the results....

Yeah, that would be one way, but why the 5 F/2 C temp difference between the two.........

It ain't easy nor cheap to run trials like this........knoweth this from lamentable experience......sigh!

after following this great thread:kusht:from the beginning:Sharing One:it is apparent that the 600 watt
hps has a distinct advantage, to me. I feel that in order to produce the same rate of growth, a third hs1 would have to be put in the room"My 2 cents" that would bring 225 led watt's to bare, against 600 watt hps, still a large saving's on electricity:thumbs: and as you mentioned, in the summer month's in spain, a better choice for keeping thing's cool:cool:after the initial cost for a third hs1, you would start
saving money immeditley, and produce at least the same, and possibly better result's. I am 63 years old and on disability, so I cant afford to buy three hs1's , but I would love to have them, over any combination of streetlight's you can put together:grin: mh and hps is tech from the nineteenth century, it work's but there are better light's available now In the 21 st century."My 2 cents" ok I am stepping down off of my soapbox.:grin::peace:

That's why they make Chinese growlights, so you and I can afford to have one..............lol! :Sharing One:

yup pop!:tiphat: I am on flea-bay auction, bidding on refurbished panel's:slaps::grin::peace:

Temps have been a steady 76 in the LED tent for awhile now, growth is nice they are just behind time wise .

I personally feel like (even with temps and environment perfectly in check) 4 of these units would be needed to
cover this area and number of plants adequately. Visually and using my growers instinct 2 will cover 4 rows of 6 quite nicely.

im not too fond of this Og shade either for this style of grow.

but in summer I would like to repeat this test with the following changes.

hps tent with our trusty old cheapo parabolic shade. Also plants started in 1.5 litre pots with a transplant up to the 6 litres.

led tent I would start plants in the 6 litres.

anyway, let's all see how it pans out this round, there's a way to go yet.

cheers

Back