Mephisto Genetics Mephisto LED vs HPS Sour Crack AF-SOG!

Lovely Mitch.

I say Seed it man for sure.

We've had some chat's with the guys at GN, so even though this run didn't go entirely to plan, in either tent. I think round two should be very nice indeed, without giving away any secrets :)

I vote for more seeds!

Lovely Mitch.

I say Seed it man for sure.

In process now!

Would like to see some full tent shots from both :)

Hey treeman I took a few snaps of the LED tent in full, I'll have a look through them later, the hps tent as a whole is looking pretty horrid..

I vote for more seeds!

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture437086-hand-pollinated-s.jpg

That was the decision made...

Big apologies to everyone following, In terms of flower development I would have put them between day 30-35 of an ordinary run, the first pistils were just turning.

They were getting supremely frosty but to wait another 4 weeks +/- purely for bud I'd guess we'd net maybe 100g's, but this way we'll bag several thousand seeds.

We are mid seedrun for other strains, usually we offset the batches by a week and the timing for pollination works well, but this time the reversing plants reversed a bit too well, and quickly, it would have been better had we had one big batch the same age, so whilst I'm waiting another week for the target group to put some weight and pistils on, it seemed a good option to utilise the LED tent plants put behind through environment and the pollen available.

Seeing as we started with 36 plants there's been a selection process, 1 casualty sprouted then after a few days withered and died, very rare we see that, usually when out of the ground the hard part is over.
From that 35, 7 more were removed, these were the plants that weren't doing so well, significantly smaller than the others and were the ones furthest from the lights or even after re-arranging got over shadowed too much to warrant keeping them.

From the remaining 28, I've selected 10 based on flower development, structure, resin and smell.

These have been pollinated by an Auto blues to make 'Blue crack fems' , we'll offer these as future freebies.

The hps tent basically has a square of yellow and frazzled plants, and pre-maturely so. Even almost two feet away there is a high heat intensity I've not experience with other shades, and we've been through a lot, several variations of cool lights, adjustawings, parabolic, cheapo barn door type. We are currently using a bunch of 'radiant 6' shades and they are very easy and predictable, but even for me it's quite hard to gauge where this og shade needs to be. We removed the glass section when temperatures were on the cold side, but maybe that was a bad move too, but as mentioned above, the radiant air cooled shades are super easy, running them un-aircooled, aircooled, with or without the glass.

I initially thought the square shape of the shade would be ideal for a tent, whereas with a rectangular one it's always a bit trickier to get even and suitable spread of light. They are doing pretty well in our flower room though where the space around them is open.

Is there a saying a bad grower blames his tools?!

Last edited:
Super sorry to have let this one die off for a few weeks!
We hit pollinations time, and outdoor + much more all culminated into a work shit-nado of epic proportions :)

But all is not lost!

The led plants were pollinated with Auto blues, to make blue crack, or sour blues, whichever you prefer.

I'll select the seeds from the very nicest few for 'mitch's special reserve' :)

Other seeds can be donated or go to be freebies.

An average example of a knocked up SC momma.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture442376-seeded-sour-c2-s.jpg

Lower
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture442377-seeded-sour-c-s.jpg

Then the HPS tent, was harvested. Calculating rhe dry weight from the wet (haven't re-weighed since dry) came out to a couple of grams under 500.
Nothing earth shattering, but not bad for a cock up of a grow, and also not bad for bills first sog and real growing experience.

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture442373-dry-sour-c-s.jpg

Incidentally, the photos in the flowering room under the OG reflectors.. are looking really nice, producing well.. and only on 400w each, at 600w we were experiencing bleaching too with little more headroom for manouevre.

It could well be these shades take some extra extra dialling in, as strange as that may sound.

Right now the tents are propagating walter white, 24c, and HBSS girlies for the great outdoors.

I really want to conduct this test again this summer for a 'deep blue c' - of green

Thanks all, and apologies for the ending again.

Deep Blue C is a Perfect Choice Mitch. She responds very good to the Leds and has a nice Metabolism so she dont overwater so quick cause of no Heat in the Room to dampen the Soil. Was so far beside Tyrone my best Lady since i use the Leds.

It was very interesting. Hopefully you can do it again. And a big "way to grow" Bill!

I think this next time I'll start in 1.5 litres into 12 litres.
not so densely packed.
brand new parabolic is already inside the hps tent.

Indoor temps are pretty nice right now but a month from now we'll definitely be starting to creep into the hot range.

i've also been toying with the idea of a 4 or 6 plant scrog...

ahh decisions decisions :)

Mitch, what are your initial thoughts on the HS1 LED's?

The seeds..... I vote for Sour Blues, sounds much better than something from a street corner in a shady hood Blade Runner style under a grey, leaden sky..... Lol

Back